10 Quotes That You Should Acknowledge at Least Once In Your Life

“A Sufi holy man was asked what forgiveness is. He said it is the fragrance flowers give when they are crushed.” -Unknown

203
Rayce Sugitan

Not everyone is a fan of writing, and that’s completely okay. While I can’t argue and ask of everyone to become majors in English literature, I do think that there are many things we can take away from writing.

Writers, creators, poets and others spend their entire lives attempting to portray to us themes of human behavior that we sometimes don’t think about or often overlook, but are so beneficial to our lives. Growing up with a love for literature, I found myself drawn to exploring life themes of love, spirituality, identity, etc. It was obvious to me that the writers of these subjects were so personally attached to them, that I could try to take their lesssons and relate them to my own personal life.

By exploring these certain themes, I have found ease in the fact that life is a hard journey that everyone experiences. We all go through hardships, some of them being similar to others’. Everyone we meet in life, comes to us with a certain lesson or thing to teach. It is then our job to take these lessons and better ourselves as people. I firmly believe that some of these lessons are better understood through words. So, here are a few of my favorites (hopefully they help you like they helped me):

1. “A Sufi holy man was asked what forgiveness is. He said it is the fragrance flowers give when they are crushed.” -Unknown

2. “For you, a thousand times over.” -Khaled Hosseini

3. “It would be a terrible mistake to go through life thinking people are the sum total of what you see.”-Johnathan Trooper

4. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting—a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

5.
“Beware of destination addiction: The idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job, or even with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are.” -Unknown
6. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” -Paulo Coelho
7. “The stars are like letters that inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky. Everything in the world is full of signs. All events are coordinated. All things depend on each other. Everything breathes together.” -Plotinus

8. “Beauty is an enormous, unmerited gift given randomly, stupidly.” -Khaled Hosseini
9. “We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered.” -Tom Stoppard

10. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” -Dwayne Johnson

*Kendrick said it too!*