It's already midterm season (how?!) and if you're like me, you're not sure how this year has gone by so quickly and become so stressful to the max — from school to life in general, college is crazy and we're all just trying to catch a break. The biggest thing to remember is that you aren't ever alone — we're all struggling to get that degree! To make your struggle a little bit easier, here are 10 quotes from women who are the epitome of perseverance to remind you to keep going — because hey, they did exactly that.
1. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." - Harriet Tubman
2. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." - Amelia Earheart.
3. "There's no day that is the same as the day before. So you have to be energized; you have to be focused." - Hillary Clinton
4. "I think the most important thing is to keep active and to hope that your mind stays active." - Jane Goodall
5. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful." - Malala Yousafzai
7. "Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come." - Ellen Degeneres
8. "You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that's the one thing people can't take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment." - Michelle Obama
9. "The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled the more I gain." - Susan B. Anthony
10. "Each person must live their life as a model for others." - Rosa Parks
Always keep your chin up — midterms are tough, but you're tougher!
Hopefully, these quotes from strong women brought you some perspective because they faced hardships greater than any speech, exam, or all-nighter studying. Keep working, and never give up. And remember why you're working hard — for your dreams, goals, aspirations, and the future you want to build for yourself. Whether you're a young man or a young woman, these quotes should inspire you to be relentless in the pursuit of what is important to you.