Nursing school is no joke. As a nursing student, you pretty much say goodbye to any social life and commit yourself to the demanding program. Each and all of us may have questioned our career choice at some point because of the rigor of all the things that you have to learn. That's nursing school for you, but we all know that at the end of the day all these struggles will be worth it. So here are the 10 quotes that we nursing students should live by.
1. Next to creating a life, the finest thing a man can do is save one. - A. Lincoln
There's no better feeling than knowing that one day despite all of the struggles, you're able to save someone's life and enable them for a second chance at life.
2. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas A. Edison
When the big picture seems to get blurry in the distance, just remember to keep going and never give up.
3. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss
4. What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains immortal.- Albert Pike
Even if it's as little as the gesture of holding someone's hand while getting a shot, that could potentially impact someone's life just because you were there for them. What you do to others, sticks to you.
5. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. - C.S. Lewis
Unfortunately, on top of the stress of nursing school, life still decides to give you certain challenges that require you as an individual to make a choice for yourself. Should you continue to look back or look forward... the choice is yours.
6. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. - Christian D. Larson
It all starts with believing in yourself and believing that you can do it. Without the positive attitude, how can you expect to get through anything?
7. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. - Tim Notke
And you can be the smartest egg in a basket, and that still won't guarantee that you'll be a great nurse. Nursing school requires a lot of hard work and if you're not willing to put in that effort then you can't expect yourself to make it by just winging it.
8. Don't stress. Do your best. Forget the rest. - Anonymous
Stress will be inevitable. Sometimes stress is good for you, but too much stress is bad. So remember to just do your best every time and you will be golden.
9. Devote yourself, make it happen. You will struggle but you will overcome your fears. Smile don't forget this is your dream. -Anonymous
Remember all of these struggles are only temporary, and that one day you will finally reach your dream. So hang tight.
10. It is not how much we do, it is how much love we put into the doing. - Mother Theresa
Don't ever forget the real reason why you want to be a nurse. Don't ever lose that passion.