10 Quintessential Films For A Halloween Movie Marathon

Get festive grab some friends and family, and have a spooktacular time watching some Halloween related films

85

With Halloween around the corner, it is time to stock up and watch some Halloween related movies to get festive for this year. Whether the films are new releases or classics, each person should consider watching these films. Here are a list of 10 must haves for watching a Halloween movie:

"Scream" Series

Wes Craven's 1996 film Scream woke up the horror genre of the 90's. The story centers around a high school woman named Sidney Prescott who is stalked by a masked ghost face who kills her friends and family, she must solve out who is behind the mask before she gets killed herself. The film inspired three more movies in the series and the MTV television show Scream in 2015.

"Hocus Pocus"

A true classic, and a must see film for everybody. This movie is for the family and centers around a brother and sister who awakens a dreaded curse of a pair of four witches who practiced witchcraft in the 1600's. They must stop the witches from causing havoc to their town during Halloween night.

"Monster House"

This mysterious movies center around a group of middle school students and they have noticed a house in their neighborhood is strange. Can the young teens discover what is wrong with the house before they get into anymore dangerous?

"Halloween" Series

As soon as you see Michael Myers, you better run. Originally titled the Babysitter Murders, this classic starring Jamie Lee Curtis is a must. Everyone loves a good slasher film, and Michael Myers is one person not to mess with. With many Halloween movies and several remakes, the ones that are true classics is the original Halloween from 1978, and the newer one released in 2018.

"The Conjuring"

This film from the directors of the Conjuring introduce a new way of looking at horror movies. Edward and Lorraine are paranormal investigators

"The Adams Family"

Everybody should be familiar with the Adam's Family theme song. It is heard at every single Halloween gathering, and this family friendly film is one not to forget. The story follows the mischief and tricks this gothic family plays. It is filled with humor and a holiday staple.

"The Shining"

'Here's Johnny!' These infamous lines are a few of the many popular movies of the 1980 classic. This movie is one of the films that changed the way people view horror movies. Beware and have a fun watching.

"Insidious"

At the start of the decade in 2010, this movie features the fictional story of how a family believes their house is haunted. However, as the film progresses, the family realizes that it may be something else that is haunted. Filled with jump scares and many types of horror, this movie is a modern example of horror.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas"

It can be considered both a Christmas film and a Halloween film. This movie is one of Tim Burton's highly rated films and features a unique musical score. Jack Skelington, is fed up with Halloween and leads his town to change his plans on taking over Christmas. A must watch and something for the family.

"Beatlejuice"

This film is taking us way back into the 1980's. Released in 1988, this film follows the lives of a dead couple named Adam and Barbara who haunt a house with a family. Director Alec Baldwin made this film and is a true Halloween classic.