10 Questions Temple University Needs To Answer

Showin' the world I give a hoot.
53

Oh, Temple University. You interesting staple of our lives. As a student, I have some questions for you.

1. Why have you let the third floor of Mitten Hall fall into such disrepair?

Known as "The Opera Theater," the third floor of Mitten was built as a gym and then became a performance space. It used to be the home of the Theater department until the construction fo Annenberg/Tomlinson. Now, it is the home of the Opera department. It's literally the most beautiful spot on campus, it just needs a lot of love and repair. The floor is a mess, it recently flooded, and the paint is peeling. There are issues on top of these, but trust me when I say that it is my favorite space on campus. It just needs help.

2. Can we get a Wawa?

We don't need three 7/11's within walking distance of campus. One of those should be replaced with something significantly more useful and desirable.

3. Why is it that only music majors can get into Presser past 10pm?

I should be able to practice my flute or visit my boyfriend past 10pm without having to wait for someone to walk out so that I can sneak in.

4. Why do you have to take a mandatory orientation to switch into the Fox School of Business?

Just...why?

5. Why does it cost so much for a student parking pass?

We're already giving you literally thousands of dollars, do we really need to give you more to park our cars?

6. Why can't some of the trucks be covered with meal plans?

Granted only a fraction of the Temple student population has a meal plan, but that would be nice. For the cost of a meal plan lunch, you can get twice the amount of food as you would at a dining hall and it tastes significantly better.

7. What do Temple squirrels really store away for the winter?

The more you think about it, the better that question gets.

8. Why do the dining halls have such limited hours on the weekend?

I'm going to be just as hungry on Saturday at 2pm as I am on Friday, so why can't it be guaranteed that a dining hall will be open?

9. Who the hell designed Anderson and Gladfelter to be so confusing?

Is it just a cruel joke to play on students? If so, that's a new level of low.

10. Where does the Bell Tower Preacher even come from?

Does he really know why I'm going to hell? I don't think so.