10 Places To Visit in Washington and Oregon For Twilight Fans

6064
Taylor Anne Pace

Being a hardcore Twilight fan, visiting these beautiful scenic places was just breathtaking. All of these places had such amazing scenery and if you are ever out in the Pacific Northwest these are all must see spots and points of interest.

1. Seattle

Even though Seattle wasn't a main destination point in most of the films, a few times they mention it and going to visit there. We end up seeing Bella go visit there in the last film, but as I said, it wasn't quite important. When you do go to Seattle though, go to the Space Needle on the observation deck and you will be able to see the entire city. It is a definite must see.

2. Hoh Rainforest

This rainforest is where they filmed most scenes involving the Cullen's house and whenever Bella and Edward would go into the woods. It is a beautiful area with gorgeous scenery. There are multiple trails you can walk there to enjoy and take in everything around you. It really makes you realize that peace and quiet is the best medicine.

3. Columbia River Valley

A few times especially in the first film, Edward and Bella were along the water of the Columbia River Valley. You can see the water, the trees and all the gorgeous scenery. The river just by itself is so pretty on any given day, but on a day without any fog, it is absolutely stunning. Actually in the first film, during the Prom scene, that view behind them is the Columbia River Valley, so you see they see it quite frequently.

4. Multnomah Falls

You only see these falls very briefly in the first film, right before they play baseball with the Cullen family and Bella in the big open field. Edward and Bella walk right past it on the way to the game and even though the scene may be brief, the scenery is astounding.

5. LaPush Beach

LaPush beach is what it is called in the books/films, but in real life it is actually called First Beach, just a heads up. Although the mix up of the names is a bit confusing, the beach is breathtaking. It isn't very busy and with how dark the sand is, it really is such a beautiful image. It also is kind of funny because the reservation plays along with the Twilight fans. There is a sign entering into the reservation saying "No Vampires Beyond This Point" so it is funny and cute to see little things like that as well.

6. Bella Swan's house

Since this house is a private residence and a real family lives there, you need to be respectful. You are able to take a picture of the residence, but besides that just casually move on. Do not disturb the family, just have your crazy, yet completely understood, fan freak out and go on to see more places. Although while you are there, you can actually imagine yourself in the film with how real the image of the house looks. In the film you see the house pretty frequently, but only the outside, not much around the neighborhood so once you visit, you see that there is much more civilization that in the film, which really makes you watch out when you re-watch these films.

7. The Cullen House

This house is also a private residence so you can only take a picture as well, but with standing on the driveway looking at the house, you can imagine everything that happens. Up on the balcony you can picture Rosalie telling Bella her story of how she became a vampire, you can picture Charlie driving up the driveway to see Bella after she "returns home from Switzerland" and many more scenes. In the film though, because they film the house not that frequently, they make you believe that it is all alone in the woods, when in reality, yes it is closed off a bit, but there are other houses surrounding it. Looking up at the house really puts you into the film.

8. The View Point Inn

This is where they held the Prom in the first film. Although the Inn has such a beautiful view of the Columbia River Valley, it burned down a few years so now it is all over grown, blocked off and just all in all very sad looking. You can tell if you go there that the windows on the side of the building is where the prom was and where Bella and Edward walked out of. It really is a breathtaking image.

9. Forks

The films show Forks as a small town with some shops and every other kind of civilization, but in real life it is a bit smaller. There is the high school, the Hospital, the Police Station, a few shops and that's pretty much it. It is the kind of town where everybody knows everybody and it is a fun trip to go visit. You can see the Forks sign Bella drove past and the high school sign from the film. There are even replicas of Bella's two trucks, the one from the films and the one described in the books. Go visit for a little bit if you're ever out there.

10. Port Angeles

The waterfront in Port Angeles is beautiful. The only sad part about going to Port Angeles is the bookstore from the movie isn't there, but the rest of the time makes up for it. You can stroll around the streets, see the little shops there and just admire the small town. It may not be a must see, but it is still a fun thing to experience.

There are multiple places you can go visit and experience in Washington and Oregon, both bigger and smaller at the same time. All of these places are a fun time and you will not regret any moment while you are in these places.