10 Places To Visit In Acadia National Park

And ten pictures that will make you want to go right now...

10182
thousandwonders.net

Acadia National Park is quite possibly the most beautiful place in the world. If you don't believe me, I suggest you visit the 10 incredible places below and reevaluate.

1. Cadillac Mountain

Hike the many trails or drive the winding road up Cadillac to catch a sunrise or sunset, it's absolutely beautiful. (Photo: alexander filatov photography)

2. Otter Point

Explore tide pools, rock climb, and hear the crashing waves along Ocean Drive. (Photo: Acadia Magic)

3. Sand Beach

This is a very popular spot in the summer for swimming and soaking in the sun. (Photo: Flickr)

4. Jordan Pond

Connect to amazing hiking trails, and enjoy some delicious popovers at the Jordan Pond House. (Photo: Joe Braun Photography)

5. Hunter's Beach

A lesser known attraction in Acadia, but well worth the walk for this beach full of smooth stones shaped by the sea. (Photo: visitmaine.net)

6. Sieur de Monts

Walk the paths, hear the birds, visit the nature center, climb the mountains. This place has it all. (photo: Acadia Magic)

7. Precipice

A somewhat dangerous climb that one should never hike alone, but is absolutely breathtaking. (Photo: AcadiaMagic)

8. Seawall Campground: located at the very bottom of the island, offers walks on the beach and beautiful views. (Photo: Acadia Magic)

9. Park Loop Road

An incredible drive around the park that takes you to countless places worth the visit. (Photo: Acadia Magic)

10. Bar Harbor

Though not technically in the park, this beautiful village (and my hometown) has shops, restaurants, and a free bus system that can take you anywhere in the park. (Photo: Acadia Magic)