10 Olivia Benson Quotes To Live By

10 Olivia Benson Quotes To Live By

You obviously love Olivia.

2418
10 Olivia Benson Quotes To Live By
Fanpop

For years, Olivia Benson has been a role model to all SVU fans. Sometimes we all need a little reminder that life is going to be okay. Who better to remind us than our girl Olivia Benson?

1. “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.”

No matter what life throws your way, there will always be a bright side. We all have the strength to move on, it just takes courage to dig deep inside ourselves and believe we can do it. Look at everything Olivia’s been through and she’s still living her life to the most.

2. “We’re all branded I guess. By our parents, our childhoods.”

Everyone’s story is different. We all have memories, both bad and good, that are a part of who we are. Let those memories be a learning experience and use those lessons to become a better you.

3. “Go home. Talk to someone you love. And don’t make this job your whole life.”

In a world so fast paced, overwhelmed with stress and jobs, we all need to remember to take a step back. We can’t let our jobs control every moment of our days. Sometimes you just need to let work go and spend time truly talking with someone you care about. In the end, you’ll both feel better.

4. “Healing begins when someone bears witness. I saw you. I believe you.”

Know that you’re never alone. There will be times when you feel like it’s you against the world, but that won’t always be the case. Use your support system as a way to help you overcome daily stress. Never let anyone tell you that you aren’t capable of reaching your dreams. If you haven’t heard it lately, I believe in you.

5. “His dirty laundry is cleaner than my entire wardrobe.”

Stop comparing your life to those around you. We all have a past that makes our present different. Once you start focusing on how someone else is living their life, you lose track of your own. Take a stand for yourself and stop spending time worrying about others. You’re doing just fine.

6. “Having a little balance is not so bad.”

Don’t live life in a constant repetitive cycle. Branch out; try something new. Don’t spend each day working, cleaning, and worrying. Go out and enjoy that yoga class. Skip that meeting to catch up with old friends. Balancing your life will help you balance your mind. You’ll be much more appreciative of both.

7. “Everybody changes every day and some things are more devastating than others, but we never are the same, and there are two ways to deal with these changes: you either accept them or you fight them like hell all the way.”

Change is inevitable. You can either make the most of each situation and move on, or you can fight to make the change stop. Take the time to think about everything changing around you and decide if there are really situations worth stressing about. Learning to adapt makes you a stronger person.

8. “We blame all kinds of people for creating monsters. Why not ourselves?”

Sometimes we have to admit that our problems were created by ourselves. We can’t spend our lives blaming others for our problems. We need to accept responsibility and move on. It only helps us grow into well-rounded individuals.

9. “You have the right to keep your mouth shut.”

We’ve all had those moments where we speak without thinking and end up regretting it later. Sometimes the best decision is to not say anything at all. Not every question requires a response. Don’t let anyone pressure you into saying something you don’t believe. Actions speak louder than words, but words can cause just as much damage.

10. “You survived the abuse. You’re gonna survive the recovery.”

Even those with the most difficult pasts have the chance to make the most out of their lives. Don’t get caught in the bad moments in life. We’ve all had our low points, but we need to focus on moving on. You’ve made it through the hard part, now believe that life is only going to get better.

There is some truth to YOLO: you obviously love Olivia.