I'm sure it's not just me, but when the weather turns cold, I prefer to bundle up in my room, watch some Netflix, sip some hot chocolate, and just relax. One of my favorite things to do, especially when it's raining, is to listen to some classic oldies songs and pretend I'm in a movie.
With that being said, in honor of the cold and rainy weather (even though it's March... #globalwarming), I've compiled a list of some of my favorite classic songs. Enjoy!
1. Santo & Johnny - "Sleep Walk"
2. Paul Anka - "Put Your Head On My Shoulder"
2.5 Paul Anka - "Put Your Head On My Shoulder (Remix)"
This is a remix that I found the other day that, surprisingly, actually sounds REALLY good. Credit to Floreyyyy*
3. Paul Anka - "It's Time To Cry"
4. Julie London - "Cry Me A River"
5. Doris Day - "Dream A Little Dream Of Me"
6. Etta James - "A Sunday Kind Of Love"
6.5 Amy Vachal - "A Sunday Kind of Love" - Cover
Amy Vachal was a contestant on The Voice Season 9 and she was one of my all-time favorite singers. Her voice has this classic and calming feel to it and her cover of this song by the amazing Etta James was equally amazing.
7. Etta James - "At Last"
8. Lesley Gore - "You Don't Own Me"
Many of us know this song as Grace's, who sang it for Suicide Squad's soundtrack. However, Lesley Gore recorded this song back in 1963, giving it an older and more classic sounding vibe.
9. Everly Brothers - "All I Have To Do Is Dream/Cathy's Clown"
Definitely one of my personal favorites!
10. Bobby Darin - "Dream Lover"
It's almost impossible to be able to list off all of the classic songs, but here are some of my favorites!