10 Non-PSL Recipes for Pumpkin

10 Non-PSL Recipes for Pumpkin

Get cooking!

11
10 Non-PSL Recipes for Pumpkin

Whether you believe it or not, pumpkin comes in other forms besides pie and lattes. Below is a list to use pumpkin in creating amazing meals. They range from homemade pumpkin noodles to light pumpkin and veggie sushi, get cooking!

1. Pumpkin Ravioli

INGREDIENTS

• 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder (more To Taste)
  • 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
  • 1 stick Butter
  • 36 whole Wonton Wrappers
  • 1 whole Egg, Beaten
  • Black Pepper To Taste
  • Fresh Parmesan
  • Fresh Sage, Sliced Very Thin

2. Pumpkin Bread

3. Pumpkin Egg Rolls

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • ½ can (15oz) tinned pumpkin puree conversion
  • ¼ cup (2oz) brown sugar conversion
  • ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
  • 1 egg, scrambled for egg wash
  • Cinnamon sugar

Instructions

1. In a bowl, combine ingredients and whisk until smooth.
  2. Scoop two heaping tablespoons onto wrapper and fold sides over to secure the filling in the middle. The filling can be quite runny, so use a dab of water to glue the wrapper to itself to hold it together.
  3. Place rolls on baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
  4. Bake at 375oF (190C) for 15 minutes.

4. Pumpkin Sushi

Ingredients

1 cup cauliflower rice

1/3 cup mashed pumpkin (cold)

¼ avocado

2 tbsp grated carrot

1-2 long strip of red capsicum

1 nori sheet

Organic Tamari sauce

Instructions
Makes 1 roll

1. Process cauliflower in a food processor until it becomes a similar texture/size to rice.
  2. Mix mashed pumpkin into the cauliflower and set aside ready to start rolling and prepare the rest of the vegies.
  3. Place nori sheet onto the bamboo mat with smooth side facing down and smooth 1 cup of the rice mixture onto the sheet leaving a ¼ of the sheet furthest away from you without any “rice” on it as well as a small gap at the front of your sheet
  4. Press rice mixture down firmly and add the rest of the ingredients onto centre on the sheet

5. Pumpkin and Feta Pizza

Ingredients

• Pizza crust

Sauce

• 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Toppings

• 2 – 3 Tablespoons roasted red pepper or garlic hummus
  • 1 – 1 1/2 cup tofu ricotta or feta
  • 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
  • crushed red pepper, optional

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375° and prepare pizza crust (make your own or follow the directions on the packaging).
  2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onions and garlic until fragrant and soft. Place cooked onions and garlic in a bowl and stir in pumpkin, basil, oregano, sage salt and pepper.
  3. Saute the mushrooms and fresh spinach over high heat in the same skillet used for the onions and garlic. Cook until the spinach has wilted and most of the liquid has been cooked off.
  4. Turn off the heat and let the veggies cool.
  5. Place pizza on pizza stone or round baking sheet and spread a thin layer of hummus on the crust. Spread pumpkin sauce evenly over the hummus layer and sprinkle on 1 cup of tofu ricotta.
  6. Take a few paper towels and wrap them around the cooked spinach and mushrooms to squeeze out any liquid still left – this will make sure the pizza isn’t soggy.
  7. Add spinach, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes to the pizza. Sprinkle on more ricotta, if desired.
  8. Cook pizza stone or round baking sheet in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes** or until pizza crust is brown on the edges and the crispiness level you desire. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes, slice, sprinkle on some crushed red pepper and enjoy!

**The cooking time will vary depending on the type of crust and pan you use to cook the pizza. Just be sure to watch it carefully after it’s cooking 15-20 minutes.

6. Pumpkin Popcorn

1/2 cup popcorn kernels (10 to 12 cups popped)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, store-bought or homemade
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (6 ounces) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

7. Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin
Coconut milk
Maple syrup
Salt, black pepper, cinnamon + nutmeg
Veggie stock
Shallot
Garlic

8. Pumpkin Salsa

Ingredients

Produce

• 2 Garlic cloves
  • 1 Onion, small
  • 1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp Red pepper chili flakes
  • 2 Tomatoes, medium
  • 1 (25 oz) can Tomatoes, whole

Baking & Spices

• 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Sugar

Oils & Vinegars

• 1 tbsp Olive oil

Other

• 3 Tbls, chopped (from the jar) Jalapenos

9. Pumpkin Grilled Cheese

4 slices challah bread, sliced white or whole grain bread

1 small pumpkin

1/2 gala apple, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced or shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup baby arugula
2 Tbsp butter

10. Pumpkin Noodles

flour
eggs
pumpkin puree
salt
water