10 New Hobbies To Try In 2018

10 New Hobbies To Try In 2018

Often times we find ourselves stuck in the same routines as the years before

867
10 New Hobbies To Try In 2018

It may be a new year, but often times we find ourselves stuck in the same routines as the years before. I am always looking for new things to do or ways to switch up how I spend my free time. If you're looking for fun new activities to try, here's a list of 10 things to try out this year.

1. Painting.

Paint a canvas. Paint a new phone case. Paint a plate or a mug. You can paint practically anything and everything. Not to mention, painting is therapeutic.

2. Hiking.

You may not be the world's next top mountain climber, but you can certainly hike trails in your local parks where you can choose an easier route until you're ready for something more challenging. It's a good way to connect with nature, clear your mind, and pass the time with friends.

3. Reinvent Old Items.

No matter how old you, you're never too old for crafting. Maybe you have a lot of old "trash" lying around your house that you don't necessarily want to get rid of, but have no idea what to do with. Upcycling these old possessions into new treasures can not only be good for the environment, but good for decluttering.

4. Documentaries.

The cool part is that there are documentaries on everything. From true crime, to how things work, to religion, to nature- it's all there. Not only might you learn new things and gain new interests, you will see the world around you differently.

5. Adult Coloring Books.

Maybe painting and crafting just isn't for you. Your art skills will certainly shine through coloring. You already have the outlines done, which leaves you to create a masterpiece and have fun.

6. Listen to Podcasts.

Podcasts can help you with your homework, teach you a new language, tell you stories, and everything in between.

7. Calligraphy.

Calligraphy is just outright beautiful. It's perfect for thank you letters, invitations, card, etc. It adds the perfect handmade touch.

8. Open-Mic Nights.

Maybe you secretly like to sing, or write songs, or poetry. An open-mic night is the perfect place to get feedback on your work, but also just to have fun. Even if none of these things sound appeasing to you, go to an open-mic night anyway. Sometimes seeing other people perform their own pieces is inspiring.

9. Wine Nights on the Beach.

Who doesn't love wine and beaches? This could be anything from a friendly gathering, to a family outing, to a romantic date.

10. Picnics.

Picnics are a classic way to get out of the house and into the sun. We all have to eat eventually. Why not make a fun outing out of it?