10 Must-Dos Before Leaving Penn State

10 Must-Dos Before Leaving Penn State

Becoming a Nittany Lion is a very exciting and monumental experience for a freshman in college. As a freshman you set out to do all these things to really gain the Penn State experience, but if you’re like me, life got the best of everything you wanted to do. Now you’re a senior and haven’t done any of those things. Before you take a cap and gown, here’s a checklist of things you need to do.

1003
10 Must-Dos Before Leaving Penn State

Everything from hiking to football!

Eat at the Corner Room

The Corner Room has been a Penn State staple for nearly 100 years. Decades of Penn State students have worked and eaten at the Corner Room to make it a Penn State tradition. If the walls could talk, they would tell you to “Meet me at the corner!”

Capture a photo at the Nittany Lion Shrine

As a Penn Stater, we have the opportunity to take a picture at the Nittany Lion Shrine whenever we want. If you’re not the type to wait in long lines, take the opportunity to still get your picture. You won’t regret it!

Go Inside Old Main

Everyone knows what it is, but do we know what’s in there? Go find out! You might be surprised.

Drink at Every Bar in State College

On your 21st birthday, Phyrst is where you start your journey. Champs, Lions Den, the Gaff all have different vibes that need to be experienced. A lot of the bars have their own traditions! Find out what they are and start your own bar crawl.

Take a Selfie with the Nittany Lion

Getting a selfie with the Nittany Lion is challenging, but it’s possible. The Nittany Lion is everywhere, you just need to find him!

Attend a Penn State Football Game

You need to do the full sha-bang! Wake up and tailgate. Put on your best Penn State spirited outfit and make your way to the tailgate fields. Play cornhole or stump with your friends!

Eat ice cream at the Berkey Creamery

Did you know Ben and Jerry worked there? Their flavors were actually inspired by the Berkey Creamery flavors! Find out what your favorite flavor is and become a regular at Berkey Creamery.

Skate at the Pegula

Even if you hurt yourself it’s okay! You at least could say “I broke my ankle skating at the Pegula.”

Dance at THON

THON is one of Penn State’s well-known traditions. In nearly 50 years, Penn State has joined the fight against Pediatric Cancer. Be one of the Nittany Lions who join the 46-hour Dance Marathon and bring a smile to our Four-Diamond Families.

Hike Mt. Nittany

The hike is no joke, but reaching the top is rewarding! You get a whole view of State College and a perfect picture with all of Penn State’s landmarks.