10 Movies I Wish Were In Theaters Right Now

"It's curious that you should be destined for this wand when it's brother gave you that scar."

94

Now, I love a good movie, but many of the films that are being released nowadays have not been up to par. If I had a say, these movies would be in theatres.

1. "The Lion King" (1994)

It is crazy to think that this movie is OVER 20 years old. The Lion King is still one of my all time favorite movies and I bet it always will be. It has the best of everything: Beautiful animation, humor, action and of course that iconic soundtrack. It is a perfect fit for the big-screen, and you bet I saw it several times when it returned to theaters!

2. "Schindler's List" (1993)

As a lover of "historical" movies, this is another of my all time favorites. The cinematography is CRAZY, and who could forget that iconic little red coat. Beautiful music + a terrible/amazing story + black and white = timeless.

3. "Harry Potter" (2001-2011)

This one doesn't even need an explanation. And yes, they all should come back into the theaters.

4. "Saving Private Ryan" (1998)

Saving Private Ryan is my all-time favorite war movie. Tom Hanks is stellar and Matt Damon is pretty awesome, too. I do not think there is another movie that gives a truer representation of what WWII was like.

5. "The Godfather" (1972)

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." Nuff said.

6. "How to Train Your Dragon" (2010)

To some, this may seem like an unorthodox choice but this movie is awesome. Super cool way to tell an old story. Protagonist is an outcast, outcast meets the misunderstood creature, brilliance happens. I watch this movie once a week, and I am constantly wishing I could see it again on the big screen. Also, shoutout to "How to Train Your Dragon 2" for being equally as awesome.

7. "The Shawshank Redemption" (1994)

No movie list is complete without this masterpiece. It is automatically awesome since Morgan Freeman is part of the cast, but the story is the real star of the show. I won't give away the ending in case you have not seen it (if you haven't WHY?!), but this film is absolutely stunning; and I wish I could have seen it on the big screen.

8. "Remember the Titans" (2000)

While this movie definitely does/did not have the prestige or the hype that the majority of the other films on this list had/have I could not imagine creating this list without it. On the surface, it seems as though this movie could be just another movie that is set during the time when segregation was at a high, it does so much more. Friendship, family and "fraternity" (I'm not talking frat boys, I'm talking brotherly love) are universal themes that never grow old or irrelevant. (PERK: Super cute, super young Ryan Gosling).

9. "Inception" (2010)

Holy moley! This movie blew my mind. I guess that is the point of the film...but it was still super cool. This is another film that has it all: Music, storyline and dazzling special effects. I did not have the opportunity to see this on the big screen, but I so wish I had.

10. "Life is Beautiful" (1997)

If you haven't noticed by now, I seem to love movies that have a historical aspect to them. La vita è bella is no exception. If you have not had the opportunity to see this film, go watch it right now. It's in French and is a little bit sad -- and you'll have to read the subtitles -- but I promise you, it is worth every second. I cannot imagine how great seeing this film on the big screen would be.

If you could bring any movie back into theaters, what would you chose?