10 Movies To Watch This Year For Christmas

Get in the Christmas mood

30
planwallpaper

This is my favorite time of year. Watching the snow fall outside while drinking hot chocolate and wrapping myself in a blanket with my boyfriend is my idea of a good time. What makes it even better is putting a great Christmas movie on. If you haven't seen these movies, go watch them!

1. Scrooge (1970 version)

Let's start with a classic. Scrooge is about a rich man who is very greedy. But his way of living has earned him an adventure with three ghosts, the Past, the Present, and the Future. Not only does Scrooge have a great moral, it also is a musical. So if you feel like watching an old classic with songs that will have you humming, watch Scrooge!

2. Christmas Shoes

This movie is more on the sad side, so I recommend watching it before Scrooge. This movie is about a mom who has recently become sick, and a lawyer who is dealing with the aftermath of his divorce. The boy of the mom is on a quest to find the perfect shoes for his mom to wear before she dies, and the lawyer even helps him out, but I won't say how, just go watch the movie!

3. Christmas with the Kranks

Every time I watch this movie, I crack, highly recommended. A couple in their 50's set their daughter off to go away for Christmas leaving them alone for the first time in a while for the holidays. Luther and Nora Krank decide to skip Christmas altogether and go on a cruise. However, their neighbors are not having it. And when their daughter decides to come back last minute, the Kranks are running around trying to set up the perfect Christmas for their daughter.

4. Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas

One of my absolute favorite Christmas movies when I was a kid to now. We join Donald, Goofy, and Mickey in separate story lines. Donald's nephews enjoy Christmas. They like Christmas so much, they make a wish upon a shooting star to have Christmas everyday. Little do they know, celebrating Christmas everyday can get annoying. Goofy's son Max is starting to doubt Santa Clause, so Goofy will do anything to make his son believe again. Mickey is trying to earn enough money so he can buy Minnie the perfect present. Mickey loses the money and tries to find another way to get that present for her.

5. The Santa Clause

Tim Alan is Scott who is a divorced father who has his son for Christmas Eve. Scott hears something on his roof, runs out, and sees that there is a man. He calls out to the guy, startling him, causing him to fall off the roof into the pile of snow. His son Charlie notices that it's Santa Clause but Scott doesn't believe it. Scott goes up onto his roof and sees that there are reindeer. The reindeer gather Scott and Charlie and take them to the North Pole where Scott receives news that he is the new Santa.

6. Elf

Honestly, who hasn't seen this movie? This movies is about an Elf that just didn't feel like he fit in. He finds out that he has a dad in NYC and goes on an adventure to find him. However, his dad is not the kind of man he thought he would be, meaning that he doesn't like Christmas! But that doesn't ruin Buddy's mood.

7. Home Alone

A bratty kid makes a wish to have no family. When he wakes up to an empty house he thinks his wish came true, when in reality they just went to Paris and forgot him. Kevin enjoys it for a while but realizes that two guys are planning to rob his house. Kevin decides to fight back in crazy booby traps.

8. Jack Frost

Jack Frost is a musician who never had time to be with his wife and kid tragically dies in a car crash on Christmas day. A year after his death, his son, Charlie, plays a little tune to honor his dad. What Charlie doesn't know is that the snow in the backyard has formed into a snowman who turns out to be his father, Jack Frost. Now that Jack Frost has a second chance to make things up to his son, he is not going to mess up.

9. The Nightmare Before Christmas

This can be watched on Halloween and Christmas. Jack is the Pumpkin King who is getting tired of the same old thing. He wanders into the forest with his dog where they find a tree with a Christmas tree on it. Jack goes in and lands into a pile of snow. Jack realizes that he has landed in Christmas Town and wants to celebrate it in his town. However, this causes trouble for Jack who is just so used to Halloween.

10. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

You have your choice. You can watch the cartoon version or the Jim Carrey version. Either way, it's about a Grinch that hates everything to do with Christmas while all the Whos in Whoville adore it. The Grinch isn't a big fan of the Whos either, so he decides to ruin their Christmas by stealing all their decorations, dressed as Santa Clause. However, the Grinch may have a change of heart when he meets a little girl who tries to make him feel welcomed in Whoville.