10 Movies That Will Make You WOKE

10 Movies That Will Make You WOKE

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." - Narrator (Fight Club)

6772
Sean Brown

Before we get into the 10 movies that will make you woke, we need to define woke. There are a few uses of the word but for this list, it is referring to "I was sleeping but now I am woke" but in a social environment. You may be awake or you may be sleeping, but if you watch these movies you will be on the way to becoming WOKE.

1. The Truman Show

Jim Carry plays a man who's life is televised around the nation but he doesn't know it. Everyone around him are actors yet he thinks they are real. This will have you questioning if you are in a tv show by the end for sure.

2. I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore

This Netflix original follows a depressed woman who's house is robbed. After realizing that the police aren't going to do anything to find her stolen property, she takes matters into her own hands. The movie makes you wanting to take matters into your hands and solve your own problems, instead of relying on the "system".

3. The Matrix

"What is the matrix? The matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes, to blind you from the truth." The matrix follows Neo on his path to discover the truth and answer his question, what is the matrix? This movie truly is a classic and if you haven't seen it, its a must watch.

4. American History X

After being released from prison for killing two black youth Derek Vinyard (Edward Norton) vows to change his ways. He also wants to prevent his brother Danny from going down the same path as him. After this movie, you will definitely be WOKE on race relations in America and in general.

5. The Machinist

In The Machinist Christian Bale plays a factory worker who suffers from insomnia. He struggles to know what is real and what are hallucinations and slowly goes further into paranoia. The Machinist nails in the idea about how what you think you know could very well be fake.

6. Law Abiding Citizen

A man who's wife and children are murdered is arrested for killing their murderers. He then threatens to release havoc on the city unless he is released and when the attorney refuses the city goes into chaos. The attorney realizes his choices may have led to this and that he is the only one that can stop it. Law Abiding Citizen again shows that the "system" does not always work and points out some of its many flaws.

7. Se7en

Se7en follows Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as detectives who discover a serial killer who is killing people for the seven deadly sins. Everyone thinks they have good morals but Se7en makes you question if you would keep them in extreme situations.

8. Donnie Darko

Donnie goes through a freak accident and begins to discover what it means to be alive. Donnie Darko makes you question reality as you know it.

9. Adjustment Bureau

Matt Damon plays a man running for senator who meets a woman and is supposed to never see her again. He makes it his goal to see her again but a secret society who controls the fate of everyone is against him. The adjustment Bureau will make you question free will and choices.

10. Fight Club

Edward Norton plays a depressed man who meets Tyler Durden, and together they start an underground fight club. As everyone knows the first rule of fight club, is don't talk about fight club. So if you haven't seen it, just see it.

If you take anything away from these movies and this list, is to think for yourself. Don't blindly follow the "system" and how everything has been. If you just question what you blindly followed in the past, you will be on your way to becoming WOKE.