10 Quirky Netflix Movies You Need To Watch This Summer 2017

If you are looking for some new movies to watch on Netflix look no further!

1109
Hollywood Reporter

Like most people I love Netflix and I love movies. But I also love making lists and telling people what they should watch. So I decided I would put a list together of some of my favorite movies that are currently available on Netflix. I genuinely love all of these movies and have seen them quite a few times so trust me when I say they are amazing.

1. Comet (2014)

THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MOVIE. I watched this movie about two years ago when I first went to college because the cover looked pretty and I have a crush on Justin Long. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. This movie stars Justin Long and Emmy Rossum and the movie follows their relationship over a course of 6 years.

This movie is real and beautiful and gets you right in the feels. I have watched this so many times and showed everyone I know because of how amazing it is. This isn't your typical romance movie so don't think it is some kind of cheesy romantic comedy because it isn't. So go watch it now! You can watch the trailer here

2. Drinking Buddies (2013)

Drinking Buddies is a really great movie about a male and female friendship. This isn't one of those movies where the best friends fall in love; this is what really happens when you are friends with a guy and there is a tiny shred of attraction there. This movie is honest and raw and at some points awkward. Starring Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson, the two bring such a rawness to this movie and have amazing chemistry. You can watch the trailer here

3. Blue Jay (2016)

Produced by the Duplass Brothers, who have made a few other amazing movies, they have now given us this beautiful movie about former high school sweethearts who haven't seen each other in over 20 years.

They reconnect and talk about where they are and why their relationship ended. Played by Sarah Paulson and Mark Duplass, this movie is done in all black and white and comes across so genuine. I don't want to give away too much about the movie but just know this isn't your typical romantic film. You can watch the trailer here

4. 6 Years (2015)

This is another Duplass Brothers movie and is also about a relationship. This movie goes into a 6-year relationship between a high school girl and guy who is going through his first year of college. As they grow, new problems arise and opportunities come up that affect them both. I love this movie because the aesthetic is cool but it is also pretty realistic. A lot of people get into serious relationships and it doesn't always work out or last. Life happens and things change. You can watch the trailer here

5. Don't Think Twice (2016)

This movie is fairly new to Netflix and is different from many other movies out right now. Don't Think Twice has some really amazing actors like Keegan-Michael Key and Gillian Jacobs. It explores a group of people who do improv shows together and aspire to be a part of a show called Weekend Live!--a parody of Saturday Night Live!

It follows each person and shows how they are affected when one of the members gets chosen to be on Weekend Live! This movie is so funny and real and amazing. The ending is so great; it just gives you so many feels and makes you want to call up all your friends and do improv. You can watch the trailer here

6. Frank (2014)

Frank is such a unique movie, I can't compare it to anything but I recommend that people watch it. You have to watch it with an open mind and not expect anything because it's pretty weird. I can't explain it; all I can say is I like this movie because it is weird and different and funny so check it out! You can watch the trailer here

7. Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World (2012)

This stars Steve Carell and Keira Knightley who play two very different people that end up spending their last few days on earth together. This movie is very beautiful, unique and interesting as you watch these characters learn from each other and become close to one another through some unfortunate events. You can watch the trailer here

8. Blue Is The Warmest Color (2013)

This is a French film and one of the first I watched when I got Netflix because I had heard so much about it through Tumblr. This movie is about a teenager who meets an older girl in a lesbian bar and they immediately form a connection and become really close. This movie is really beautiful and raw with emotion; you can really feel what the young girl is feeling. Also, I think the French language is really beautiful so that is one of the reasons I really like it. You can watch the trailer here

9. Life Partners (2014)

Life Partners is a movie about two best friends, one is a lesbian and one is straight, but the friendship changes when one girl gets into a serious relationship. This is a really cool movie and I love it just because of the adorable friendship the two girls have. It also brings up some very real points on what you go through when you are no longer number one in your best friend's life. You can watch the trailer here

10. Begin Again (2013)

I fell in love with this movie when I saw it in the theater, and lucky for us it is now on Netflix. This movie is about two people who meet at very difficult times in their lives. The girl just got dumped and the other is a drunk who is getting pushed out of his own business. They meet and change each other's lives through music. Music and movies are my favorite thing so it's really cool to see that come together in this amazing film. You can watch the trailer here

So there you have it, my list of 10 movies you absolutely need to watch! As of right now, you can find all of these on Netflix. Go watch them and then comment what you thought; did you love or hate it? Let me know and also let me know some of your favorite movies that can be found on Netflix so I can go watch them!