10 Moments From Ben Platt's Netflix Special That Will Make You Fall More In Love With Him

This concert will have you laughing, crying, and wanting to be best friends with Ben Platt all at the same time.

688
Ben Platt singing

Most people know Ben Platt from his, as he described it, nerdy magician "Pitch Perfect" days or as a Broadway star in "Dear Evan Hansen." Either way, people know he is adorable and has some pretty impressive vocals.

But, I had no idea just how AMAZING he could sing until I watched his Radio City Musical Hall concert special on Netflix. Not only did I witness just how insanely talented he is, but the emotion behind the lyrics had me crying. It was one of the most beautiful, heartwarming watches of my quarantine.

And to make the concert special even better, I caught several glimpses of his "Pitch Perfect" co-star Anna Kendrick cheering him on in the audience. It was so sweet and truly showed the positive impact he has on the people in his life, as well as his fans' lives.

I wasn't having a great day before I watched Ben Platt's emotional and personable performance, but afterwards, I felt a sense of happiness and peace enshrouding me. He not only relates to his audience, but he truly makes them feel like they will be OK, no matter what is going on.

Like most of us, I knew Ben Platt was an amazing, adorable soul. But these 10 moments on his Netflix special made me love him even more.

1. His outfit made the entire show.

His outfit during this concert special was so cute and so flowery, and if it's not the 2021 Coachella trend, I'm boycotting (if I could actually afford to go, of course).

2. When he talked about his dad, my heart literally smiled.

Ben Platt's dad once told him, "You can only be a decent artist if you're a decent human being." And Ben obviously listened, since he is one of the sweetest souls of our time. That moment was seriously one of the most special in the show, especially since his dad was in the audience.

3. He talked about his issues with dating apps, and I've never related more.

I may have loved Ben Platt already, but now I feel like his best friend after shouting "SAME" from the couch in my living room. During the concert, he took a moment to talk about his relationships and why he can't use dating apps anymore. Long story short, he catches feelings way too fast, and we all know ghosting happens equally fast online...

4. All of his personal stories were filled with some much-needed positivity and laughter.

I've never seen someone so positive and dead-set on making other people happy. It was so heartwarming, especially during these rather-negative times we're living in. I probably laughed the hardest when he said his parents used to bribe him to go to soccer practice with McFlurrys (because same), and when he got there, he would just throw the chalk around like it was fairy dust.

5. He was totally himself throughout the entire performance.

It made it so easy to connect with him and his songs, not to mention adding a laugh here and there. He literally paused for a moment and let us know it was because of "water-burps," like what other artist is that real with his audience?!

6. When he shouted out his backup singers and band, he showed us that "ego" isn't in his dictionary.

"I will never understand why they're slumming it with me." OK, Ben, let's be honest - any band or singer would be honored to work with you.

7. He wanted to grow up too fast, and wow, that hit home.

To hear that someone so uber-talented as an adult felt like they wanted to rush through life to get there, but now wishes they had enjoyed the little moments more, made me really feel heard. I'm not uber-talented by any means, but I have the same feelings. I think we all sometimes catch ourselves reminiscing about our childhoods and wish we could experience those special moments one more time. And to hear someone who has achieved the things Ben has can relate to someone average like me was so special, so important. Not to mention, the actual song itself will have you swooning over him.

8. The whole "Sex and the City" bit had us all nodding our heads in agreement.

He said he's a Charlotte because he falls in love on the first date, and who can't relate to that?? Glad to know he compares his love life to that TV show, too... we could definitely be friends.

9. His tribute song to his grandmother had me SOBBING.

After losing my grandfather a little over a year ago, anything about grandparents usually pulls on my heartstrings. But from the moment he started talking about the tribute to his grandmother and throughout the entire song, I was no-joke crying. It was so beautiful, and Ben really conveyed the feelings anyone who has lost a grandparent know all too well.

10. And, of course, the fact that he literally has a voice of an angel throughout the entire performance.

Every song was so raw and emotional, so deep and full of passion. All while he hit every note perfectly. It was truly heavenly to listen to, and yes, I do have his entire debut album on repeat now.

If you haven't watched Ben Platt's concert special on Netflix, go watch right NOW. It'll lift your spirits during these hard times and remind you that there's actually still a lot of light left in the world. If there's one thing Ben accomplished during his performance, it was making us feel like we're not alone.