8 Misconceptions about Franklin University Switzerland

Let me clear it up for you: Switzerland does not equal Sweden.

676

Hey guys!

I happen to study abroad at Franklin University Switzerland, an American school located in Switzerland.

Our school may have been around for about 50 years, but there's still much many misunderstand about my school. So, let me clear it up for you.

1. We are in Sweden.

Switzerland does not equal Sweden. Unfortunate result of two European countries starting with SW. Also, don't mistake us for Swaziland!

2. They do speak Swiss.

Switzerland has 4 main languages: Swiss German, French, Italian, and Romansh. In our area, Italian is the main language they operate on.

3. People don't speak English at the school, because it's abroad.

All our classes are taught in English.

4. We are a school for only studying abroad

We have a 4-year bachelor's degree program and a graduate program, both U.S. and Swiss accredited.

5. Americans students are nonexistent at this school

American students are the majority at this school.

6. We always eat fondue

We don't. Actually, we're located in the Italian part of Switzerland, so we have pasta and pizza readily available.

7. We go skiing every weekend

Although we are near the mountains, it's more common for students to go shopping in Milan or eating in Como.

8. We get a lot of snow

It's too warm here for snow. It only snows like twice a year. Instead, the roads are lined by palm trees and it looks like we're on a tropical island.

Come and check us out at http://www.fus.edu

(Special thanks to my roommates Read and Ariana for helping me out!)