10 Last Minute Christmas Gifts For College Kids
popular

10 Last-Minute Christmas Gifts For College Kids That Are Still Legit Gifts

Generic ideas to get your student, even when you don't know all their faves.

1688
Kayla Master / Instagram

The holiday season is well upon us, and last-minute Christmas shopping is frantically being completed across the country. If you're a friend, parents, relative, or any other relation to a college student, you might've let their gift slip through the cracks.

Whether you forgot to ask them for ideas, or you're just not sure what they're interested in, here are some great last minute gift options perfect for the college student in your life.

1. Cash

Really have no idea what they're interested in or what they'd actually use? Can't go wrong with some cold hard cash in their stocking that they can use for anything they need at school. However, if you're uncomfortable giving them cash or want something a little more personalized, there's definitely more options.

2. Gift Cards

A step up from cash, gift cards are a great option when you're you not sure exactly what your college student specifically wants, but you have a rough idea of where they shop. Try making them more personalized by seeing what eateries are in the area of their school, or stalk their social media posts for clothes or stores they frequent.

3. Coffee

If your student didn't go to college with a coffee addiction, they most certainly have developed one. Whether you get them K-Cups for their everyday Keurig usage or the essentials to make that perfect cup, they'd certainly appreciate a gift that helps them with their daily pick-me-up.

4. Phone Chargers

You'd be astounded by the number of phone chargers college students go through. Whether they lost it, let their irresponsible friend borrow it, or just break it (the category where I often fall into), extra phone chargers are always a smart idea that will be greatly appreciated by your student.

5. Fuzzy Socks

Socks may be a "joke gift" to some growing up as a gift they wouldn't want, but fuzzy socks are a true love of college girls everywhere. Whether they wear them so much they get holes or the washer eats them up, extra, fun fuzzy or just comfy socks are a great gift idea.

6. Subscription Service

If you know your student has certain interests, be it make-up, tv shows, or specialty foods, a year-long subscription service may be a great idea! Be it a mailed product or a digital service, they'll love the usage they get out of the gift for the full year, and always think of you when they get it!

7. Any "Spa" Products

College is stressful, so little spa-illusion luxuries, like face masks, scrubs, lotions, or anything from that realm, will give them joy and relaxation when they use them! Help make their lives away from home at school a little more enjoyable.

8. Inspirational Decor

College students can use all the motivation they can get, so giving your student a helpful message, be it on a sign, poster, pillow or anything in between, will help to give them a little extra kick in the right direction any time they see it.

9. School Gear

If they love their school (which hopefully, like myself, they do), they'll want to rep their school logo and colors everywhere they go. They'll love hats, jackets, sweatpants, or anything between, and they'll probably wear it more than cheap free t-shirts they get on campus regularly.

10. Snacks or Candy

The "poor college student" imagery may not represent every student, but it can be true when it comes to food, which they're probably not bothering shopping for. Extra snacks or candy to treat your student will make sure they're eating (even if it may not be the healthiest).

With these extra ideas, go out and treat your favorite college student in your life, even if you might not know everything they like! Hopefully, they'll like these ideas, and if they don't, you didn't get them from me.