10 Mentalities You Should Adapt To Have The Best Summer Ever

Summer is definitely one of the most eventful times of the year, but with the right mentality, it can be unforgettable.

5
Personal Photo

Like everyone, I want this summer to be one for the books even if there are a lot of things happening in the world trying to prevent such thing. I believe going into it with the right mentalities could make the happiness and good vibes unstoppable.

1. Do Not Have Any Expectations

I think summer is definitely one of those things that is widely talked about all throughout each season of the year. Most people like myself, always have such high expectations and then end up getting disappointed when it does not fulfill. It is good to remember that life is not like the movies, but that doesn't mean that it can't be the time of your life!! Going into whatever this summer may bring you without any expectations allows you to not be disappointed but makes it easier to be care free and fully enjoy it for what it is.

2. Take Each & Every Chance

Personally, taking risks has always been a constant struggle of mine. I always catch myself thinking about everything that could go wrong instead of everything that could go right. I will say that every opportunity that I took, even if it was nerve wracking, I don't regret it. Because even if something were to not go as planned, all it turns into is a memory that can be told for years. So go kiss your crush, jump off the diving board, or whatever else may be thrown at you. Make this summer full of memories.

3. Avoid Consuming What Other People Are Doing

Social media a prime place during the summer for people all over the world to be able to flex on what they are doing and how cool it is. Which all power to you, go show the world what you are doing. But, I have found that consuming my time and energy to social media during the summer can be a very toxic mentality to adapt. I think it is because without thinking about it, you start comparing the wonderful things in their life and reflecting it on your own. Remind yourself that not only is everyone capturing only the good moments, but that tropical forrest could just be the woods behind their backyard.

4. Enjoy Each Moment For What It Is

This goes along with not looking at what everyone else is doing and focus on the moments that you are constantly creating. Sometimes I feel like that if I don't have a huge plan for the day, then it is unproductive. But you don't need plans to enjoy each day. If you are free, either create plans for yourself or just simply see where life takes you. The unplanned memories have to be the times that I will always remember. So don't stress. It is okay to not have each and every moment planned out.

5. You Only Live Once

Now I know that this statement triggers a lot of instant eye rolls because there was a time when this saying completely swarmed our media. But when you truly take this saying and apply it to your everyday mentality, you'd be surprised at how many things you are capable of and memories that you will create. Whether this means dying your hair, buying a lottery ticket, or even screaming Justin Bieber with your friends with the windows down. DO IT. At the end of the day, you do only have one life to live. So why not love every single moment?

6. Reach Out & Meet New People

Summer is a perfect time to expand your circle and meet new people. I do think that finding true and real friends is a long struggle that takes a long time. But this doesn't mean that everyone in your circle has to be a best friend. Give people a chance and hang out with completely new people. This might entail reaching out which might turn off the introverts, but maybe they will reach out to you and you should say yes. Regardless if you never hang out with them again, at least you gave them a chance and it is now a memory. You have all the time in the world to put yourself out there so what are you waiting for?!

7. Stop Overthinking

This is something that I still continue to struggle with on the daily. It is always really hard for me to not plan out each and every thing in my head before I do something. But, I just continue to remind myself that everything happens for a reason and each thing will make sense one day. The things and people that are stressing my brain will not mean anything looking 5 or 10 years down the road so why let them affect your happiness right now? The answer is don't let them. Push through your overthinking and just remind yourself that it will be okay.

8. Take In The Moments Of Relaxation

One of the reasons that people like the summer the most is because it is the time that they are actually able to relax and enjoy their surroundings. I think life moves super fast and taking in these moments is really important. Every once in a while, taking a nap or sleeping in is really good for you. Don't feel like you have to constantly be doing something to have a good summer. Taking a break could give you more energy for the next event. So take each thing step by step and don't overwork yourself during this time of ease.

9. Get Out Of Your House

I am finally getting to a point that this mentality has been a lot easier for me to apply every day. All of my summers in the past were spent about 95% of it inside my house doing absolutely nothing. That is not an exaggeration. Do not be old me. I regret this because looking back I have absolutely nothing to say of what I did that summer. Even if it means going on a walk with your dog around the neighborhood, that counts for something. Get out there and get at least some sun baby! Get off of that toxic phone of yours. I know that it can be addictive. But trust me, it will be there to surf on when you get back. So, click the off button and go make real memories.

10. Stop Caring & Just LIVE!!!!

Laughing until your stomach hurts is hands down one of the best feelings in the world. Because at that moment, you don't care how loud you are laughing or how many times you snort in 30 seconds. You are undeniably happy. You are content. You are just living. This is the most important mentality to grasp to manifest the best summer. The moment you stop caring about the thoughts of anyone around you is going to be the most empowering and content feeling you will ever feel. Remember that we are not guaranteed next summer, next week, or even tomorrow so act accordingly. Live today like it is your last. Laugh loud. Smile Wide. & Whole heartedly, just live.