10 Mean Girls From The Movies That Wish They Were Regina George

823
www.reddit.com

Regina George is legendary. THE mean girl of all the mean girls from the movies we know and love. Strong female characters will come and pass, but no one will quite fill her iconic shoes, no matter how iconic the character. In fact, here's a ranking of the top 10 (in my opinion) mean girls that have claimed their fame in some of these iconic films. These infamous ladies have earned their spot in movie history by acting out in the worst ways. So here they are: the top 10 infamous movie mean girls ranked by how wicked they are.

10. Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

In her own words: "How dare she sign up. I've already picked out the colors for my dressing room."

Sharpay is the definition of "white privilege". A rich, white girl, wanting to be a broadway star, and trying her best to stay at the top of the food chain at her high school. She is not vicious in any way shape or form, but she is incredibly petty and self-centered. I put her at the bottom end of the list because she wouldn't hurt anyone, although she would throw a really annoying fit in front of everyone with zero shame about it. She may be harmless, but definitely annoying enough to make top 10.

9. Shelby Cummings (A Cinderella Story)

In her own words: "What can I get here that has no sugar, no carbs, and is fat free?"

She may not be quite as ruthless as some of the girls on this list, but let us not forget she went out of her way and planned a public attack on Hilary Duff's character in attempt to humiliate her into the next millennium. She may not have what it takes to fill Regina's shoes, but she is mean, narcissistic, and definitely deserves a hard slap.

8. Marianne Bryant (Easy A)

In her own words: "We need to pray for her. But we also need to get her the hell out of here."

Not even close to evil, but certainly a "mean girl". She uses her popularity to make Olive Pendergast a total outcast from their school. She manipulates religion in order to slut shame her, turn her friends against her, and give her zero chance of survival at their school. All of these actions are absolutely despicable, landing her right in the 9th spot for being a classic movie mean girl.

7. Courtney Shayne (Jawbreaker)

In her own words: "I made you. And I'm God. That's all you need to know."

Now that I'm thinking clearly, Courtney should probably be ranked higher on this list as she isn't just mean, but also murderous. That's right: if you haven't seen the movie, spoiler, she kills someone (but no worries, it wasn't intentional). This cold-blooded queen is one not to cross.

6. Nancy Downs (The Craft)

In her own words: "You know, if I was pathetic as you are, I would have killed myself ages ago. You should get on with it."

Nancy may not be exactly what you think of when you think of the classic high school mean girl, but she still earned her place on this list for a good reason: she's power-hungry, narcissistic, and straight-up evil. The entire film of her practicing witchcraft is made obvious, and even more so, her desire to become the most powerful being in the universe. This desire was worth knocking over anyone that had done her or her friends wrong. Nancy and her friends are the scariest kind of mean girls: wicked magical.

5. Tamsin (My Summer of Love)

In her own words: "Apparently I'm a bad influence on people."

First of all, for anyone who wants another confirmation that Emily Blunt is the best actress of all time, watch this. Second, Tamsin (played by Emily Blunt) is not your average high school mean girl. Her deceit doesn't come out until the very end of the film, and when you learn just how awful she is, you won't believe it. For someone to go through that much effort purely for entertainment and not even feel slightly remorseful? The definition of cold.

4. Big Red (Bring It On)

In her own words: "If I made any mistake as a squad leader, it wasn't borrowing cheers. It was announcing you as my successor."

This movie is probably the most quotable film next to Mean Girls. Through all the light humor and fun dance sequences, there are several villains, or characters, equivalent to the classic "mean girl" stock character. Big Red isn't cruel, but she is mean and very annoying. There's a Big Red in all of our lives, and all you can do is wait until they leave. Until that day, I wish you luck, because Big Red is a cheer tater and a pain in all our asses.

3. Heather Chandler (Heathers)

In her own words: "Well, f*ck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Teresa?"

Heather, Heather, Heather. I don't even know how to begin. Desperately in need of total control, selfish, manipulative, cruel, narcissistic, among countless other awful things. Regardless of the situation, she manages to make it an opportunity for pure humiliation at someone else's expense. Heather Chandler is awful and caused everyone around her misery even after her death. That's the definition of a true mean girl.

2. Chris Hargenson (Carrie)

In her own words: "This isn't over. This isn't over by a long shot!"

Chris Hargenson is a miserable human being. From start to finish, she made it her life's work to make Carrie a total outcast. She didn't stop there, however, as evident by how she mistreated her friends and teachers. Chris is not a mean girl to mess with as she just might spill pig's blood all over you at prom. Thankfully, not all mean girls in real life are as psychotic as Chris. Because that would truly be the biggest tragedy.

1. Kathryn Merteuil (Cruel Intentions)

In her own words: "I'm the Marcia f*cking Brady of the Upper East Side, and sometimes I want to kill myself."

THE QUEEN. She may not have exactly what it takes to be Regina George, but this 90s queen bee is hella close. She is cool, calm, and collected, in her evildoings. She may be a little gross (as her character is a smidge incestual with her stepbrother) but with that aside she is truly queen b. Her demeanor is chilling and she owns her wealth like no other. She is, indeed, the real Marcia f*cking Brady of the Upper East Side.