10 Unknown Magical Facts About Harry Potter

All things magical

2381
vecteezy.com

1. Not only was King’s Cross Station the place where young witches and wizards' began there magical journey, it is also home to a magical memory for J.K. Rowling, it is where her parents met!

2. When Arthur Weasley takes Harry to the Ministry of Magic they must first dial a secret code into a telephone keypad.

He enters the number 62442. The letters underneath those numbers on a standard mobile phone spell out the word "magic".

3. Dementors, the deadly phantoms that guard Azkaban Prison, represent depression and were based on J.K. Rowling’s own struggle with the disease.

4. The first Harry Potter book was published in 1998, the same year the final Battle of Hogwarts was fought.

5. If Muggles, or people without magic, also known as no-majs in America, came upon Hogwarts, it would look like a decrepit building with a “Keep Out: Dangerous” sign on it.

6. If Voldemort ever looked at a Boggart he would see his corpse because death is the thing he feared most.

7. Alan Rickman, the actor who played Severus Snape throughout the movies, knew his character’s fate before the last book was released because Rowling told him.

8. “Draco domiens nunquam titilandus” is the Hogwarts school motto, which when translated means “Never tickle a sleeping Dragon”.

9. The third smell Hermione recognizes in the Amortentia is Ron’s Hair.

10. J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter share their Birthday!

These were just a few of the magical facts that surround the Harry Potter series! I hope you learned something new!