10 LOTR Quotes That Will Change Your Life

Disclaimer: "Not all who wander are lost" is not on this list. These quotes, from both the Lord of the Rings books and movies, will change your life, too (hopefully).

81

1. "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

2. "I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf, "The Hobbit"(Yes, I know, not from the LOTR series).

3. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, then face all the ages of this world alone." - Arwen, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

4. "Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." - Sam, "The Two Towers"

5. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin, "The Hobbit"

6. "It is no bad thing celebrating a simple life." - Bilbo, "The Fellowship of the Rings"

7. "Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.- Aragorn, "The Return of the King"

8. "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - Gimli, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

9. "That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for." - Sam, "The Two Towers"

10. "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel, "The Fellowship of the Rings"

11. "Courage is found in unlikely places." - Gildor, "The Return of the King"

12. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. Thorin, "The Hobbit: The Return Journey" (Again, I am once again quoting "The Hobbit, I know!)

13. "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - Gimli, "The Fellowship of the Rings"

14. "A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not this day." - Aragorn, Return of the King