10 Life Lessons Meredith Grey Taught Us

10 Life Lessons Meredith Grey Taught Us

"You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."

11975
10 Life Lessons Meredith Grey Taught Us

1. You only fail when you stop trying.

"If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it's this — when there's something you really want, fight for it, don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems."

2. Face life and your fears head-on.

"And the only way to get rid of a shadow is to turn off the lights, to stop running from the darkness and face what you fear, head on."

3. Speak your mind.

"Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."

4. Don't ever forget how to talk to one another.

"Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking the harder it becomes to know what to say or how to ask for what we really need."

5. Life doesn't come with instructions.

“Just when we think we've figured things out, the universe throws us a curve ball. So we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong."

6. Look for the good in everyone.

"Just because people do horrible things... it doesn't always mean they're horrible people."

7. Don't apologize for how you cope.

“I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke."

8. Faith over fear.

“I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong?"

9. Make mistakes and learn from them.

“We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore."

10. Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself.

“At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."