10 Lessons The Peanuts Comic Strip Taught Us

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

1311
Huffpost

1. If you fall down, get back up again.

Time after time, Charlie Brown ran to kick the football and Lucy always pulled it away. Deep down he knew what was going to happen, but he went back at it again anyways. Charlie Brown’s attitude, no matter how somber he can be, should be applied to all things in life. If you fall down get back up and try again. Failing once in awhile is just human nature. Don’t let it get you down; you’ll kick that football someday.

2. Always be yourself.

The gang was always giving Linus a hard time for carrying his blankie around. They poked fun at him when his insisted that the Great Pumpkin was real. Linus still carried his blankie and slept in the pumpkin patch. Despite his critics Pig Pen never took a bath and he was always proud. Just like Linus and Pig Pen, take what sets you apart and own it. Even if you have some critics, keep doing you and you’ll find that you will always be happy. Just remember there is only ever going to be one of you so be yourself fearlessly.

3. Your dreams are never too big.

Snoopy always reached for the stars. His vivid imagination always took him on the most fantastic adventures. All good things in life start as a dream. It's up to you to achieve it!

4. Find a passion and pursue it.

Schroder’s piano was his constant companion. When the gang came to bother him he just kept on playing and mastered his precocious skill. If you find something you love and are passionate about it in life, stick with it. Master it and always keep honing your skills. We are always learning in life and it’s at plus if you are learning or doing something you love.

5. Worry and anxiety are perfectly normal.

Charlie Brown often laid in bed worrying about life. He even said it himself: "The secret to life is to replace one worry with another." Worry and anxiety are completely normal emotions. It is nothing to be ashamed of if you have these feelings. Everyone gets a little down sometimes. Don't let these feelings consume your life.

6. Sometimes you just need to talk it out.

The gang all leaned up against the brick wall and talked out their thoughts and emotions no matter the weather. It's important to talk about things instead of bottling them up. You feel a weight lifted when you finally get what you are feeling off your chest.

7. And sometimes you just have to step back and listen.

Lucy set up her five cents psychiatric help stand to give her not so friendly advice to Charlie Brown. Listening is an important skill to have in life. Sometimes you need to give your full attention to someone else (and make sure you give friendly advice).

8. Find happiness in the little things.

Lucy made fun of Snoopy for watching the leaves fall off the trees, but he did it because it made him happy. Try to find happiness in the little things in life. Everyone is chasing after happiness in the big things in life that we often forget that happiness can be found right in front of us. Hey, maybe your happiness is falling from the tree.

9. Action creates change.

Linus reminded Charlie time and time again that nothing changes without action. Charlie always tried his best despite his failures. In life, don't become passive. When you get out there and create action, that's when great things happen.

10. Surround yourself with the people you love.

Life is always better with the people you love. Keep them close and don't let go.