10 Holiday Movies To Get You In The Spirit

These movies will reign supreme in the list of holiday movies, each one a little more full of holiday spirit than the one before.

25
Google Images

As December approaches at Polar Express speed, some of us are more than welcoming to the holiday music, movies, decorations, and overall vibe that comes with December. But, for some of you who are not ready to dive straight in, like Santa when he goes down some chimneys, here is a list of ten holiday movies to help you gradually get into the spirit.

10.The Holiday

Not only does this movie provide the perfect amount of holiday spirit for those of you who are not yet ready to be fully committed to the Christmas season, but it also gives you an amazing movie score composed by the wonderful Hanz Zimmer along with a cast of some of the greatest actors. It's a very light-hearted movie with the perfect amount of holiday cheer.

9. Love Actually

This movie is the definition of "rom-com" with all of its many intertwining stories and well-known cast. It provides the right amount of laughter and sweet moments while getting viewers into the spirit of the holidays while following the characters as they get closer to Christmas as well.

8. Home Alone

"Merry Christmas, ya filthy Animal," is one of many iconic lines and scenes from this movie series. How could someone not get in the holiday mood while following Kevin and his plots to capture and avert the "Wet Bandits" plans before and after prison. This movie provides an endless laugh and will always remain a classic holiday movie.

7. A Charlie Brown Christmas

"Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!" No one can pass up this timeless classic with everyone's favorite Peanuts gang that helps get the holiday spirit into full swing by the time it's shown on ABC like it normally is every December,

6. A Christmas Carol

Whether it's watching the newest Disney version of this timeless classic or even the Muppet's version, a Christmas Carol continues to teach the most valuable lesson that can be observed and appreciated every day of the year, but especially during Christmas.

5. The Santa Clause

This trilogy reigns supreme when it comes to portraying the life and times of Santa Clause. Tim Allen passes for a very believable Santa and the obstacles he sometimes has to face lead to the best stories. If you grew up during the time these movies came out, there's no way of escaping the connection to these movies.

4. Elf

If this movie doesn't put you in the spirit of Christmas, nothing will. This movie has led to so many relatable gifs, memes, and vines. Not only that but if you're an Elf fan, you definitely know the movie by heart...."Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

3. White Christmas

Irving Berlin's classic musical brings to life the beauty of love and friendship in this classic movie. With Bing Crosby singing, "White Christmas," and seeing the old beauty of an East Coast winter, it's hard not to get into the Christmas spirit.

2. The Polar Express

This children's book turned into one of the greatest Christmas movies, bringing every age group into a magical world that dove deeper into the journey of the famous Christmas train. Tom Hanks is like a one man band with all his parts throughout the story, but who can see this without getting excited for the holidays?

1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Our final movie to get you in the Christmas spirit is another one of those children's books turned into a movie. This movie is relatable and enjoyable for every age and type of person. The memes, vines, and gifs that came out of this movie are one that can be used throughout the entire year. Either version of this timeless classic is sure to put anyone in the mood for the holidays.