10 Hipster Weekend Activities To Do In Capital City

I take full credit of the aesthetics of your soon-to-be-hipster Instragram feed.

492
loveinsacramento

If you know anything about the Sacramento area, you know it is best known for its amazing little-city vibes, breathtaking hikes and great food. Here is a list of things to do if you're up for a weekend filled with exploration (and awesome Instagram pictures).

1. Hike Lake Clementine

Lake Clementine is a reservoir sitting at the North Fork of the American River Canyon. Just a 45 minute drive outside the city, it's a gorgeous trailhead and a great opportunity to for you to whip out your camera and snag a few pictures.

2. Take a peek in Time Tested Books

Why not make it your goal to read all of the inside covers of everything in the science-fiction section?

3. Take a drive to Yankee Jims!

I'm probably too chicken to drive over it, but this bridge is a great place to ride your bike or take a stroll! Underneath it, is an awesome swimming hole for you and your friends to enjoy during the warmer months.

4. Stop by The Plant Foundry

Right in the Middle of Capital City's Broadway Triangle District, The Plant Foundry is an urban hub for your all-organic, green needs! And not to mention, they have the cutest gift shop filled with goodies for the home and garden!

5. Grab a sweet treat at Pushkin's!

This all-vegan, Midtown bakery has the most amazing treats of all kinds!

6. Relax at Asha Urban Baths

Think: spa day meets hot tubbing with friends. Can you beat that?

7. Get coffee (and treats and food and unlimited hipster vibes) from Weatherstone

Not too many know about this precious gem, but you won't regret stopping in and chilling out for awhile.

8. Get your shop on at Old Gold

From thrifty clothing finds to urban gifts, you'll go crazy in this store of an eccentric mix of fashion fun!

9. Go glamping at Inn Town!

Inn Town is a campsite just outside of Nevada City, made especially for glamping!

Sleep under the stars without having to sacrifice an ounce of discomfort! Mom, this one's for you.

10. Fly out of SMF

You're probably thinking that this is the strangest suggestion on this list, and you're probably right. But Sacramento International Airport is probably one of the most beautiful airports in the country. It's quaint in size, but the newly renovated Terminal B is an architectural hub, featuring an array of hipster restaurants and bars, many of which have larger locations in the city.