10 Hipster Movies You Have to Watch

10 Hipster Movies You Have to Watch

To be honest I have no idea how I define “hipster” but nonetheless please watch the following films because I told you so.

1299
10 Hipster Movies You Have to Watch

1. American Beauty
A young Kevin Spacey. Enough Said. Also, if you feel your life has turned into a dull routine, or you have anxieties about being painfully average, this movie will be refreshing to watch. You are not alone.

2. Amelie

The filmmaking is exquisite and I kind of wish I was best friends with Amelie. She is quite the protagonist.

3. Donnie Darko
Jake Gyllenhal is in it…do you need more convincing? Okay sure, there’s also a creepy bunny. Did I mention Jake Gyllenhaal is in it?

4. Her
This movie will definitely make you feel some type of way at the end. It also doesn’t seem too far into the future that we might get into relationships with operating systems. I think we’re all already half way there. Scary stuff.

5. Fight Club
First Rule of Fight Club is don’t recommend the movie to people. It’s a good thing I can’t follow rules. Please watch. Also, Brad Pitt plus a wicked script. Marla's philosophy of life is also the realist depiction of existentialism I've seen.

6. Grand Budapest Hotel
You will wish this hotel were a real place to stay. A very feel good movie with great storytelling, actors, directors and production. A golden movie. Watch!

7. Submarine
The ultimate hipster love story, with a relatable narrative; also, the soundtrack is amazing. Shout out to Alex Turner for the music.

8. American Psycho
Your sanity might be in question afterwards but it will be worth it. Psycho's are very honest. You might find yourself relating to one.

9. Dead Poets Society
Seize the day by watching this movie and being moved by Robin Williams to be the hopeless romantic, writer and artist you know you are on the inside.

10.Lost in Translation
You will feel lost in the translation of this movie, but Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray will get you through it.