The 10 Best Gifts Every Human Should Embrace

Some gifts are worth much more than any material object you will receive.
42

Everyone loves receiving gifts during the holiday season. Even if it is a simple item such as fuzzy socks, we all feel like a little kid again on Christmas morning. However, there are even better gifts than material objects that mean the whole world to someone, especially during a time full of so much hate. Here are 10 of them:

1. Philanthropy

Nothing feels better than knowing you brought joy and happiness to another person this holiday season. Whether by giving a toy to Toys for Tots, or donating to a charity, the gift of giving outweighs everything else.

2. Home-Cooked Meals

Finally, fresh food that isn't warmed up in a microwave or from a university's dining hall.

3. Family and Friends

There is no better group of people to spend the holiday season with than your friends and family who actually love you instead of fake people.

4. Peace and Quiet

No more crazy fraternity parties, late night lip synching battles, or fights breaking out from down the hall.

5. No Homework or Projects

Winter Break means no more school, which means no more homework, which means no more responsibilities... for now.

6. Freedom

You can do and say whatever you want without being judged by other classmates or professors. You live in the Land of the Free, so use your freedom to your advantage.

7. Making Money

Time to recharge your bank account so you can waste money on $1 beers again next semester or buy more unnecessary wants.

8. Catching Up on Your Favorite Shows

Sometimes during school we fall behind on our favorite shows due to the flood of work we have to do. Now is the perfect time to catch up before school hits us with a brick again.

9. Love

There is no better feeling in the world besides love. You are surrounded by people who care immensely about you, so take this moment to thank them and appreciate it.

10. Living Life

The gift of life is the ultimate precious and priceless gift anyone can receive. You don't understand how valuable it is until someone you know or love loses it, or even yourself. Take the time this holiday season to care for your mental health and surround yourself with happiness. Life is short, so enjoy it while it lasts.