Ten GIFs To Describe How All College Students Are Feeling Right Now

We have reached that awful time of the semester, right before finals week. Brace yourselves.

56
Pexels.com

It's that time of the year. Every college student is stressing out about all the assignments that are due. It seems like suddenly all professors feel the need to give us assignments and papers, even though finals are right around the corner that we also have to prepare for. As my roommate calls it, "the weeks before Satan comes."

1. Waking up for that 8 a.m. after a night full of studying or essay writing

I know, Benedict Cumberbatch, I feel like dying too. You either keep hitting snooze on your alarm clock or you've planned ahead and already set your alarm to the last possible minute. Then, of course, you stay in bed for ten more minutes and then suddenly, you have to be in class in 15 minutes. I don't know how I manage to still be on time. It's magical.

2. You made it to class but all you want to do is go back to your bed and not listen to a lecture about benzodiazepine.

Don't get me wrong, if that lecture were during a time in the semester when I didn't have five projects due, I would actually love learning about anything, but sometimes it's just too much.

3. Your boss schedules you to work extra hours that day or simply surprises you with it because why not make your misery even worse.

Your supervisors work at a college, do they not understand that you can't stay longer or take extra hours because you have a ton of work to do? Sometimes they need to take a step back, and remind themselves that you are just a student with far more than just this campus job.

4. There are thousands of group meetings you need to go to for all your extracurriculars and group projects because it's not like you ever need free time.

We're all over-involved and it's not good (it might be good for your resume though).

5. You're finally writing that essay but you can't find any proper sources for your topic.

Why is PsyInfo betraying me like that?! One time, I was struggling so hard to find sources for the research topic I had chosen and after not finding any for the next few ideas either, I wrote an article on marijuana. That's right. Marijuana. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

6. When all you need is one relatively substantial meal and all the dining hall has is undercooked chicken and overcooked frozen vegetable medley.

Life is cruel. Dining hall food is even more cruel.

7. Your gen-ed class frustrates you because you don't know what you're doing.

In theory, it makes sense to have liberal arts students go through a gen-ed curriculum. However, sometimes you are simply really not talented in a certain area and trying to do work for that class can be pretty frustrating. For me, it's computer science and trying to code my roommate's and my "easy" final project but getting lost and trying to find a mistake for two hours that cannot be found. If only all our hair could fall as nicely as Merida's does when she's frustrated.

8. Everyone else seems to have plenty of free time and organizes a bunch of social events that you are more or less obligated to go to even though you have no free time.

You might look cool on the outside, but internally you know you're going to regret going out with your friends because you have a research proposal due on Monday.

9. The thought of packing everything and moving out of your dorm haunts you.

Do you know how awful packing your stuff while taking finals is? Dear freshmen, I can tell you. It's awful. Our colleges probably hate us.

10. But you hold on to the thought that in three weeks, you will be done with this semester and you get to go home or do a cool internship (hopefully).

We can do it. You just have to make it to the end of this semester.