The 10 Flavors Of Summer

The 10 Flavors Of Summer

From tropical to sugary!

4459
The 10 Flavors Of Summer
Bob Smith/123rf Stock Photo

Summer isn't just about the time off of school, or the days spent with your friends, or the opportunity to laze around at home. Those are important, yes, but summer is even more than that. It's about savoring a life that is sweet and fun. It's about connecting with the happy inside your soul. There is no better way to experience summer than through the tastes of summer food.

1. Pineapple

Nothing like the tangy, sweet taste of a pineapple. The pineapple is the quintessential summer fruit. It has enough zing to wake you up and get you ready for a brilliant summer day.

2. Coconut

The smell of coconut is enough to make anyone dream of a tropical location, sun on your face, drink in your hand. Many sunscreens or tanning products are scented with coconut, and like the pineapple, it is impossible to smell or taste this tropical fruit without thinking of summer.

3. Watermelon

Soft and flavorful, with plenty of water built in, it's hard to let watermelon juices dribble down your chin without thinking of sunshine, summer picnics, and warm air. It's also the perfect fruit to keep you hydrated when you've spent a lot of time in the sun.

4. Lemonade

Sweet and refreshing lemonade is the perfect summer drink. Its sunshine-y color will remind you of the sun, and the taste will remind you of the summer you spent manning a lemonade stand as a kid. Sweet summer memories all around.

5. Mango

Another tropical fruit, mango is juicy and soft. Bite straight into it, or cut it into slices--either way you will feel its tropical magic come over you and be able to imagine yourself on an island.

6. Cucumber

Like watermelon, cucumber is super watery and hydrating. Not only is it tasty, but it's great for using on your eyes while having a spa day. And that is the most relaxing, summery fun I can think of.

7. Pomegranate

Pomegranate is tart and wonderful. And the fact that you have to eat the seeds individually means you can enjoy the flavorful goodness a little longer.

8. Cotton Candy

Nothing says summer quite like cotton candy. The sweet wispy strands that dissolve in your mouth take you instantly to a carnival, right at the top of the ferris wheel. It's an amazing feeling, sugary and flighty.

9. Creamsicle

Flavored outer with vanilla ice cream in the center, creamsicles have the best of both worlds. They bring together the tropical flavors of fruit with the comfort of vanilla.

10. Root Beer

The final flavor--root beer float. It takes you way back, to summers under the sprinkler, and the comfort of a fizzy, sugary drink.