10 Things I'm Excited About In The Gilmore Girls Revival

I know where I'll be on Black Friday.

9

After all the negativity we’ve encountered this year, we need a little happiness. That’s why so many of us are looking forward to next week: it’s a chance to be with our families and be thankful for what we’ve got. It’s also exciting because it means the revival of my favorite television show, "Gilmore Girls." It’s been nine years since this show ended, but I still watch it every chance I get, and I know I’m not alone. So, for all of the Gilmore fans out there, here are some things I’m looking forward to seeing next Friday, that you might be able to relate to.

1. Rory’s Path

When the show ended, Rory was getting ready to hit the campaign trail with Barack Obama and be a brilliant journalist. I always learned from Rory, and she was an important influence growing up. I had a lot of things in common with her, and I loved seeing someone like me following her dreams and doing the things she loved. As a young adult, I’m just starting to figure out who I want to be and where I want to go, so I’m eager to see where my childhood fictional hero ended up.

2. Lorelai and Luke

We can tell from the trailers that they’re together, but Lorelai seems to be at a time in her life when she’s questioning herself and trying to figure out who she is. What does this mean for her relationship? Will they be together, as they were always meant to be?

3. Everyone Coming Back

Unlike most revivals, everyone is coming back. All the Gilmore women, Lane, Sookie, Michel, Rory’s three main love interests, and the entire town. In a lot of revivals, it isn’t really necessary, but it really is here, because the people of Stars Hollow are really what make the show and put you in their world. Plus, the shenanigans. There are so many crazy things to get up to in that town, and some can already be seen in the trailers and images.

4. Rory’s Love Life

We all have a favorite boyfriend of Rory’s, whether it’s Dean, Jess, or Logan (or Marty, because let’s be real, she shouldn’t have taken him for granted). All three of her main love interests are returning for the revival, but as far as most of us can tell, she doesn’t seem to be with any of them. It would seem that Jess is the only one returning for all the episodes. Does that mean she ends up with him? Or is she off being independent and doing her thing?

5. Michel

Word on the street is that Michel will get more of a backstory in the revival, and I cannot wait to see what it is. He’s not the coolest character, but he’s lovable and hilarious, and I know we all wanted to know more about him.

6. Emily’s Life After Richard

Of course we’re all still mourning the loss of Edward Hermann, but you just know Emily Gilmore is going to go on to do great things. I mean, if you’ve watched the trailer, you’ve seen that she’s getting rid of a lot of stuff she doesn’t need, and maybe moving on. And let’s not forget that tee shirt. Stuff’s about to get real with Emily Gilmore.

7. Paul Anka

The unsung hero of the last few seasons, Paul Anka keeps Lorelai company after Rory moves out, and he’s just plain adorable. But what’s up with him? Does he know any tricks? Is he still as cool as he once was? These are the important questions.

8. Those Last Four Words

We all know Amy Sherman-Palladino intended to end the series with four words, but as she was not a part of the last season, we never got to find out what they were. There’s been a lot of speculation, such as, “Will you marry me? I’m not your real mom. Squirrels took my pants. Oy with the poodles.” So, I might have made some of those up, but you get the idea. It could be anything. I like to think it might have been, “Copper boom? Copper boom.” Whatever those words are, I really hope we get to hear them.

9. New References

The show was well-known for its witty banter and plethora of pop culture references. As a kid, I never got most of them, but every time I rewatch the show, I understand more of these things, and it makes it even more enjoyable. So I cannot wait to see all of the references made in the revival.

10. All of It

I was pretty young when the show was on, but I watched it over and over as I grew up, and it meant different things to me at each part of my life. Even so, I’m excited to see how I can relate the new episodes to my life. Plus, I’m just so pumped to get back into this world.