10 Things To Know Before Dating The Girl Who Doesn't Let People In Easily

She will say "you're an idiot" and laugh instead of "I love you."

4176

Letting people in is not always something I’m really great at. I’ll let anyone know basic things about me or if I’m annoyed at them. I don’t really hold back on certain subjects, however when it comes to my emotions, I don’t really show them that easily. This has caused a few issues in not only my friendships, but also relationships throughout the years. I really do care and love people deeply; I just express it in a different than others. So here are 10 things you should know before dating the girl who doesn’t let people in easily.

1. She really does care about you, she just doesn’t know how to show it.

You can mean the world to her but she won’t ever tell you. Its not that she’s scared of how you would react or doesn’t want to be clingy, she just doesn’t want you to know how much you really mean to her yet. She’s protecting herself from getting hurt.

2. She doesn’t like to project her problems on others.

If she an issue comes up or she’s stressing out about something, she won’t tell you or if she does, she will act like its not that bad. No matter how much you tell her that you want her to open up to you when something’s bothering her, she just doesn’t want you to carry her struggles along with your own.

3. She will not cry in front of you.

She hates crying in front of people. She doesn’t want anyone to see her in this state so if she does cry in front of you, just know that she is really hurt and it took a lot for her to breakdown like that.

4. She doesn’t do the romantic side of relationships well.

She won’t make a big deal of your month anniversaries or any anniversary really, she won’t expect you to buy her flowers and send her good morning texts. However, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t want or appreciate them.

5. She won’t run to you for help.

She's not going to rely on you to take care of her. If she really does need help, then you will be the person she runs to. But if she feels she can handle something, don’t expect her to come to you for every little issue in her life.

6. She likes to take care of things on her own.

She doesn’t rely on anyone other than herself. Throughout the years she has realized that people come in and out of her life all the time and therefore she learned to take care of herself.

7. She won’t beg you to stay.

Don't expect her to beg you to stay if you are having an argument. Sure she loves you and is willing to work on any issues to stay together, but she was fine before you came into her life and knows she will be fine if you leave as well.

8. She hides her emotions.

Don't take it personal when she does this, she just doesn’t want to affect your mood. If she’s feeling upset over something little she won’t really show it because there is no point in being upset over something that won’t matter.

9. She shows how much she loves you through insults.

She will not shower you with compliments. Every now and then you’ll get something along the lines of “you’re hot” or “you’re funny” and that’s really the best she can do with the whole compliment thing. But if she really truly does like you she will express it by insulting you and telling you how weird you are.

10. She is not afraid of being straight forward with you.

She isn’t going to play any stupid games with you. She does not want to waste her time on someone so if she is having an issue or something, this is the only time she will let you in and straight up ask you what’s going on or what you want. You won’t have to play any mind games with her, so don’t make her have to play any with you.

If you finally do get her to let you in, just know you have her. It’s not easy for her to do this and takes a lot of practice. If you get the girl who doesn’t let people in easily to open up to you, hang on to her, you won’t regret it.