10 Costumes For The Broke College Student

Halloween can be risky business

115
WallpapersPro

There's no doubt about it: college is tough; however, it seems to become astronomically tougher come the holiday season. With fall and winter approaching, it calls for a drastic change in students' wardrobes, as it suddenly becomes too cold to wear t-shirts, Nike shorts and Chacos. Students are then faced with the issues of Halloween parties, Friendsgiving with your college friend group and the struggle of Christmas shopping when you have $3.24 in your bank account. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though and tackle one issue at a time, shall we? Here are ten costumes for college students that are "ballin' on a budget," but still want to look cute or be the life of the party.

1. Fruit.

Probably one of the most common costume choices that will be sported this year are the pineapple and strawberry. It's quick, easy and cheap -- all you need is a marker, large, colored t-shirt and some cardboard for the fruit's leaves.

2. 50 Shades of Grey.

This is probably one of the easiest costumes to date. Throw on some neutral-colored pants and a tee, then run to your Walmart or Home Depot paint section, grab some grey swatches and stick them on your shirt (or your whole outfit!) Quick, easy and best of all: free.

3. Shark Week.

This one requires a little more time and effort. You need seven people total (one for each day of the week, duh.) You then need to write your designated week day on your shirt, tear it, rip it and splatter it with fake blood. A little more time consuming and messy, but the potential payoff is priceless.

4. Assault and Battery.

While normally not something you'd laugh at, this creative and punny costume is one that all of your friends will be amused by. Some decent painting skills and some poster board are all you'll need for this funny couple's costume!

5. Robber.

Be sure to steal the spotlight (get it? steal?) with this costume! It's super easy, as you probably already have everything for it in your closet: striped shirt, black shorts or pants, black shoes and a black hat. Just make a quick mask out of paper and you're good to go!

6. Facebook.

Take a note from everyone's favorite, Jim Halpert. If you're feeling especially lazy, just write "book" on your face in eyeliner, lipstick or washable markers/paint. You'll be set in no time!

7. Gingerbread man.

This one is for all you red-heads that say you're "too pale" or "too red-headed" for typical costumes. Pretty self explanatory. Necessary items: bread.

8. Snapchat filters.

If you're especially talented with makeup, then try one of the ever-so-popular Snapchat filters that we've all come to know and love. Not only will you look stunning, but you'll be the talk of the party.

9. Risky Business.

Big white collared shirt, white socks and some shades. Easy as that and basically free. Embrace the "basic" accusations.

10. Mouse.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F15%2F636120953131706236-1439366451_tumblr_lerytsOCkZ1qfj8b4o1_500.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=50&h=4a9e8fc8fbb0f1c3723528d23627fe9e93e27b1d615831cfab6e69accb54e6d8&size=980x&c=2281856231 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F15%252F636120953131706236-1439366451_tumblr_lerytsOCkZ1qfj8b4o1_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D50%26h%3D4a9e8fc8fbb0f1c3723528d23627fe9e93e27b1d615831cfab6e69accb54e6d8%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2281856231%22%7D" expand=1]Lastly, every "Mean Girls" fan's favorite: a mouse. Black dress, ears and voila. Easy as pie!

There you go! Ten easy costume ideas for the broke college student. Please don't go as anything rude or offensive this Halloween. Here's a tip: if you have to ask if it's offensive, it probably is.