10 Conversations I Don't Want To Have On Thursday

And I'm sure you don't either.

10
Rocky Hill Exeter

Hopefully, you'll be with family on Thanksgiving day. You have to love them, but sometimes they can bring up subjects you'd rather not discuss. This might be because you know you won't agree, or possibly because it's just taboo. Either way, here are some typical conversations I expect to hear about.

1. Have you found a man yet?

Yeah, no. Sorry to disappoint. No, my standards aren't too high. It will happen when it happens.

2. What do you think about the election?

I have a lot of thoughts. Number one being disappointed in America. No, that doesn't mean I voted for Hillary Clinton, calm down. Yes, I know Jesus is in control.

3. How are your grades?

Don't ask unless you want me to be honest. I will cry.

4. What are gonna do after you graduate?

Refer to answer #3.

5. Do you have a job?

Yes, I do. I'm sorry you don't think it's a 'real one.

6. Are you really going to eat all that?

YES I AM. Please send me home with leftovers. I am but a poor college kid.

7. Did you hear about your cousin?

The one who is in jail for the fourth time? Yes, and I'm curious as to why you keep bailing him out. (don't actually say that last part).

8. Do you remember when *insert horrifying childhood memory*?

OH LORT PLEASE NO.

9. What kind of an outfit is that?

Why, do you want to borrow it?

10. Shouldn't you be over there with the kids?

I am literally 20 years old.