10 Christmas Movies To Get Your Holiday Cheer On

We're starting early this year folks!

26
WeKnowYourDreams

Wait a minute, who doesn't have holiday cheer? I should title this "How To Get Even More Pumped For The Holidays," because really, watching Christmas movies is a for sure way to get me way more excited than humanly possible. It doesn't even have to be movies, it could just be all the decorated houses throughout the neighborhood. All types of Christmas cheer are welcome in my book. But for those of you who might still be stuck on finals, the overload of school work, or just work and life in general, I advise you to take a nice break to wind down and get that holiday cheer started!

1. "Elf" (2003)

Who could pass up this family favorite? Will Ferrell could not have been more perfect for the role of Buddy the Elf. This doesn't even have to be watched around Christmas time in order to be appreciated!

2. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" (1989)

This is must-watch every year, no question. Just to remind us all, hey, it could be worse!

3. "Home Alone" (1990)

I almost feel like it would be wrong not to put this one in here. Such a classic should definitely get the party started.

4. "The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992)

With all these Kermit memes popping up, I've been dying to watch a muppet movie. I remember this one in particular was one of my favorites. Perfect time to watch it again!

5. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (1993)

We all watched it for Halloween, now it's round two. I recently watched this a couple nights ago, and it couldn't have gotten me more excited for break. This is definitely one that can be watched more than once!

6. "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" (2000)

Someone, anyone, please tell me you remember this movie! I used to watch it all the time growing up, but anyone I ever mention it to thinks I'm crazy. Doesn't matter though, this one is a gem.

7. "A Christmas Story" (1983)

What kind of list would this be if it didn't include one of the most overrated movies ever? I know, unpopular opinion, I just don't like it that much. But it sure does get you ready for that Christmas disappointment! (kidding!)

8. "The Polar Express" (2004)

I seriously love this movie. I remember going in theaters with my first grade class and sitting front row. It was quite an experience, especially it being my first 3D movie. It will always hold a special place in my heart!

9. "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (1966)

Only the original! I don't even know what that 2000 version was man. Just looking back at videos and pictures of it makes me feel so giddy! I absolutely loved this movie as a kid, and I still do! How can you not? We all get a bit Grinchy sometimes, that's why it's so lovable.

10. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (1965)

Last but not least, an absolute classic! My family and I watch this and listen to the CD, (oh yes, there's a CD, and it's wonderful), all throughout December. It is the ultimate Christmas-starter pack!

--

I hope all these movies will put you in as great a mood as it does with me! They totally should, so if they don't, you might be a little too Grinchy this year. There's nothing a good Christmas movie can't solve!