10 Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Get ready for the most spooktacular time of the year.

573
Susan Cohen

Halloween is coming up soon, and a lot of people wait until the last minute to scramble together a costume for Halloween. Even if you are one of those very few people who prepare ahead of time, Halloween costumes can be outrageously expensive.

1. Solar System

The Solar System could be an easy cheap costume that may take a few days of planning. If you want more of a DIY costume, this one is perfect. You could go all out and design a sun costume, or you could just buy a galaxy t-shirt and then paint foam balls to look like the plants that revolve around you.

2. Rosie the Riveter

If you're into cliche costumes, this one is perfect for you. All you really need for this costume is a red bandanna, and a blue button up shirt. Red lipstick also is a great way to tie in the costume. The "We Can Do It!" background is completely optional, although if you're going for that Instagram worthy photo, it is recommended.

3. Alvin and the Chipmunks

Group costumes can be a great way for you and your friends to go out and have it be distinguishable that you're together. All that is really needed is a colored shirt and a matching pair of socks, and if you're going to be Alvin, he likes to wear a red baseball cap.

4. Cactus

For a person that loves plants, this is a perfect Halloween costume. If you have a crocheted green sweater, you're already in luck. Just attach white pipe cleaners around the top and wear a pink scrunchie in your hair.

5. Mary Poppins

Who doesn't love a Disney themed Halloween costume? You could pull off just about every character that is out there. The look is simple, just invest in a black skirt, white shirt, top hat, and umbrella.

6. Lifeguard

Once you have a lifeguard shirt or sweater, you're guaranteed to wear it for a while. Just attach a whistle and possibly a lifesaver to the costume, and the look is complete.

7. Bank Robber

Do you have a black and white striped shirt, black pants, and a black hat? Well, you're in luck, you're one step closer to being a bank robber for Halloween. Just add a tote bag with a dollar sign, black gloves, and even a mask to make it a little more known.

8. Hunter and Deer

This costume is as simple as it can get. If you're the hunter, all you really need is camouflage (the more the better.) Although, I wouldn't recommend carrying around a gun, fake or not. For a deer, you can wear almost anything you want as an outfit, as long as you have antlers on your head and deer looking makeup.

9. Ghost

This is probably the easiest Halloween costume out there. You don't even need tulle to make this a costume, just cut two holes out of a white bed sheet and throw it over your head and you're good to go.

10. Unicorn

The main focus of the costume would be the unicorn horn. If you wanted to add some flair though, invest in a colorful tutu and add some insane colored highlighter to your face, and you're already looking like a unicorn.Whether you decided to go to the store and buy a $70.00 Halloween costume, or DIY on your own, make sure to eat a lot of candy and have some fun.