10 Books Every Book Junkie Needs To Get Their Hands On

10 Books Every Book Junkie Needs To Get Their Hands On This Summer

Because what sounds better than sitting back outside soaking in the sun rays with a good book?

nadoty
nadoty
45

To me, nothing sounds more relaxing and appealing than just propping myself up outside with a good book. Books can take us places we've never been before, whether that's to a remote destination or inside the mind of a fifth grader with facial abnormalities. While enjoying the summer rays and spending your time off relaxing, whether that's poolside or on your back porch, consider exploring these 10 great reads.

1. Wonder By R.J. Palacio.

https://www.pluggedin.com/book-reviews/wonder/

This novel brought me to tears plenty of times. Palacio writes of August Pullman, a 10-year-old boy with severe facial abnormalities that interfere in many aspects of his life, such as socially, mentally, and physically. The story follows August through his first official year in school at Beecher Prep. The unique thing about this novel is we get to hear from multiple perspectives, such as August himself, his sister, his sister's boyfriend, and his best friend Jack Will.

2. Four Perfect Pebbles By Lila Pearl and Marion Blumenthal Lazan

https://celebrationofbooks.blog/2018/03/21/four-perfect-pebbles-by-lila-perl-marion-blumenthal-lazan/

Four Perfect Pebbles is a non-fiction story that tells of the Bluementhal family. They were like any other Jewish family living in Germany before the Nazi party started to grow in increasing popularity. From the age of four to ten, Marion recounts living in concentration camps and the horrors she and her family experienced. The story recounts the multiple camps the families were in as well as a true account of love and perseverance, hoping that one day Marion could find her four perfect pebbles to symbolize that her family would remain safe, together, and alive.

3. Mara Dyer Trilogy By Michelle Hodkin

http://www.bookaddictsguide.com/2016/02/08/series-review-mara-dyer-trilogy-michelle-hodkin/

In this trilogy, it follows a girl named Mara Dyer, who happened to realize she had special gifts and abilities after surviving a traumatic event that left all of her friends dead. From the beginning, waking up in a hospital bed without recollection of how she got there, she believes there is more to the accident than what it seems. This summer, experience the strange occurrences and mysterious growth of abilities that will leave you wanting more after reading the first book.

4. Becoming By Michelle Obama

https://becomingmichelleobama.com/

A memoir by Michelle Obama, she writes on her life and experiences growing up and how that lead her to find her voice. As well as this, she writes on what her experiences were in the White House, her public health campaigns that she led during her time as the first lady, and how she maintained all of this while being a mother. This powerful and moving book is a must-have on your summer reading list.

5. Looking For Alaska By John Green

http://www.johngreenbooks.com/looking-for-alaska

John Green's first novel, Looking For Alaska is about the story of Miles Halter who is tired of living a safe life. He seeks the adventure of going out and enrolling in boarding school to seek a "great perhaps." This is where he meets Alaska young, where the theme of love, adventure, and grief is strong.

6. The Historian By Elizabeth Kostova

http://www.elizabethkostova.com/thehistorian

Being her debut novel, this story bends history and folklore about Dracula. The Historian is about good versus evil as well as an adventure of vampires, exploring crypts, and the quest to find Vlad. Told from three different perspectives, the writing style that Kostova partakes in will have you at the edge of your seat and full of suspense.

7. You By Caroline Kepnes

http://www.carolinekepnes.com/author/you-caroline-kepnes/

Fans of the Netflix Original 'You' will love the novel that the show adapted from. Told in the perspective of Joe Goldberg, you really get to see inside his mind and the creepy rationalizations he makes for his behaviors. Keep in mind, though, there are some things in the series that were created for the show, meaning they're not in the book!

8. Misery by Stephen King

https://www.stephenking.com/library/novel/misery.html

One of my all-time favorite novels, Misery tells the story of Paul Sheldon, who just finished the manuscript for his final novel, then gets into an accident and awakes to find he is being taken care of by Annie Wilkes, a devout lover of his books. Things take a turn for the worst when she refuses to take him to the hospital and becomes enraged when discovering what he plans to do to her favorite character. This story is full of suspense that will leave you wanting more.

9. The Perfect Couple By Elin Hilderbrand

https://www.elinhilderbrand.net/titles/elin-hilderbrand/the-perfect-couple/9780316375245/

Taking place in Nantucket, hours before a wedding ceremony a body is discovered, making everyone involved a suspect. As the Chief of Police interviews those in the wedding party, they soon discover that there may not be such as a thing as a truly perfect couple. A perfect summer read for those who enjoy a mystery.

10. Hush, Hush Novel Saga By Becca Fitzpatrick

https://www.beccafitzpatrick.com/hushhushsaga

This saga is great for those who enjoy fantasy and suspenseful reads, including angels, nephlims (offspring of fallen angels and humans), battles, fights, and budding dread. The blending of fantasy while following the life of teenager Nora Grey as she works throughout the death of her father while discovering who she truly is. Focusing on love, overcoming grief, and total suspense, this is a short series for those who want something quick to pick up.

Whatever you may choose to read, as long as you're relaxing, enjoying the sun, and having a fun break, there are infinite choices out there!

Happy reading!