10 Netflix Shows To Binge With A Blanket In Winter 2018

These shows will keep you on the edge of your seat- or under your covers!

361

Winter time for many means staying indoors, lots of blankets, hot chocolate, and binge watching our favorite shows and movies. Here are my top ten series on Netflix to catch up on or binge on over the winter.

10. Travelers

Travelers is a sci-fi series with two seasons. The premise is that in a post-apocalyptic future, undercover agents are sent back in time (to the present) to stop whatever caused the destruction of society. The agents who go back in time, send only their consciousness, which inhabits bodies of people from the present (only seconds after they have died). The series progresses with the team of operatives trying to fit into their new roles in the 21st century, while also trying to keep up their ruse and determine whether or not their work is benefiting everyone or only the future elite.

9. Cable Girls

Cable Girls focuses on four women working as cable phone operators in the 1920s, in Madrid, Spain. Each of them is brought to the workplace for different reasons, and each adjusts in her own way while also juggling what it is to be a woman, and what more importantly, what it means to be a woman of independence.

8. What Happened to Monday

Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) plays seven identical sisters in a futuristic world where each family is allowed only one child. Each sister is named after a day of the week, and they may only leave the house on the day they are named for while also pretending that they are all the same woman. One day, one of the sisters does not come home, and that is where the fun begins.

7. The People Vs. OJ Simpson

The People Vs. OJ Simpson has been acclaimed and took home both Golden Globes as well as an Emmy. It follows the infamous case of football star and alleged murderer OJ Simpson. Though we know how the story ends, the drama series is still well worth watching. The cast does a wonderful job of portraying the events.

6. Bloodline

Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn (Rogue One) play key roles in the family of the Rayburns, a well to do family in the Florida Keys. When the black sheep of the family, Danny, returns home, all hell breaks loose in the Rayburn family. The adult siblings relive a dark secret from their past. Season One was the best season, but it may be worth to check out season 2 and 3 as well.

5. The Confession Tapes

We all remember watching Making of a Murderer. This series gives insight into the reasoning behind why people give false confessions. It's more of a docu-series, but still very interesting and worth watching.

4. The Keepers

The keepers is a drama/docu-series that follows the unfortunate tale of the late Sister Cathy who taught at Baltimore's Archbishop Keough High School, where she stumbled onto a cover-up. The priests who administered and counseled the young woman attending the school were molesting, raping, and abusing the most vulnerable students. The murder remains unsolved, but the series gleam insight into the ordeal.

3. Godless

This western-esque drama takes place in La Belle, New Mexico. A gang leader hears that the man who wronged him is heading to the town, where a mining accident has killed most of the men. Run mostly by women, they band together to fend off the invaders who plan to take the town - and the women in it.

2. Narcos

Featuring Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones) as Javier Peña a DEA agent. The story focuses on the American DEA's role in Columbia in the 1980's and the drug war that took place in the streets there. There are three seasons, focusing on big names such as Pablo Escobar and the leaders of the Cali Cartel. The drug lords are ruthless, but the American DEA agents aren't afraid to get their hands dirty either. Definitely a binge-worthy show.

1. Frontier

Ladies' favorite American actor Jason Mamoa (Aquaman and Game of Thrones) plays Declan Harp. The series portrays the American and Canadian fur trade in the 1700's. We love to hate the notorious Lord Benton, and both he, Michael Smyth (played by Landon Liboiron, known for his role in Hemlock Grove and Terra Nova), and Harp fight to control tur trade while forming alliances and making a lot of enemies along the way. Frontier has three seasons, and all three are well worth the time to watch.