10 Bible Verses When You Feel Lost

10 Bible Verses To Give You Direction When You Have None

"My ways are higher than your ways." Isaiah 55:9

178640
10  Bible Verses To Give You Direction When You Have None

Either metaphorically or literally, we have all had times when we lose direction. There are times when we feel without purpose, feel confused, and feel unsure about the path we're taking or where we're truly going.Thankfully, you're not the only one who has felt this way. To be honest, this is an age old problem. In fact, people have been struggling with this very issue for thousands of years. God knew we would have times when we felt lost. Yet, he didn't leave us alone. We can take comfort in certain verses in the Bible where this very issue is addressed. God didn't leave us unequipped or without an answer. Here are 10 verses that give direction even when you feel like you have none.

1. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

2. Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

3. Psalm 37:23-24

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.

4. Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

5. Isaiah 43:16-19

Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, who brings forth chariot and horse, army and warrior; they lie down, they cannot rise, they are extinguished, quenched like a wick: “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

6. Proverbs 16:9

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

7. Isaiah 30:21

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

8. Jeremiah 10:23

I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

9. Isaiah 48:17

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.

10. Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Such as Romans 8:28 and other verses, the Bible gives us several affirmations that no matter how lost we may feel, God can guide us in the right direction. If you're feeling lost, I encourage you to pray or have others pray with you. God is never far away. Take comfort that in the end, God will work out all things for those who love Him.