The 10 Best Things About Annapolis

The 10 Best Things About Annapolis

Ever heard of Naptown?

346
The 10 Best Things About Annapolis
Annapolis Flyer Cab

Every state in this great nation has a capital city, but none compare to that of Maryland. The city of Annapolis, also known as Naptown or DTA, is the perfect place to shop, eat, sightsee, people watch, and so much more! Every Marylander wishes they were from Annapolis, and even those of us that live just a short drive outside the city claim that it is our hometown. So, in recognition of this wonderful city, here are the best things about it.

1. Crabs and Old Bay

While the entire state of Maryland is famous for its crabs and Old Bay seasoning, there is no better place than Annapolis for a crab feast. I'd recommend the Annapolis Yacht Club, but, well, let's just say this business...went up in smoke. Sorry, too soon?

2. Snowflake Alley

Alleys in most cities are dark, empty, and super sketchy...this one's usually filled with teenage girls trying to get the perfect picture for Instagram.

3. The Performing Arts

With the opportunity to see groups like the Annapolis Summer Garden Theater or the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra or to simply enjoy the instrumentalists and vocalists lining the curbs as street performers, Annapolis is full of amazing performances year round.

4. Brick streets and colonial buildings

While Annapolis is Maryland's capital city, it still has the look of the colonial town it once was. With beautiful brick streets and historical buildings, exhibits, and tours, this city truly is rich in history.

5. Chick and Ruth's

You have not LIVED until you've tried to drink an entire six-pound milkshake from this hidden gem with your friends.

6. Midshipmen

The best part about walking the streets of City Dock is DEFINITELY these dashing college boys. I mean, who doesn't love a man in uniform?

7. The Prep

You're bound to see plenty of people, from private school students to the elderly, dressed in Lily Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, and boat shoes. Hey, such a classy city can only deliver the best!

8. The Statues

We've all interacted with these guys in some way, whether it's climbing all over them as kids or posing for a funny picture with them as teenagers.

9. Boats, boats, and more boats

Of course, the staple of Annapolis, or City Dock, is the dock itself. There's nothing better than walking along Ego Alley on a summer night when it's full of yachts and fishing boats.

10. Ice Cream

Wherever you go in Annapolis, there's bound to be an ice cream shop nearby. From Storm Bros and Kilwins, to the Annapolis Ice Cream Company and more, there's always some place to cool off and enjoy a delicious treat on a summer day in DTA!

So for those fortunate enough to be from Annapolis or somewhere close by, always remember to be grateful for this beautiful and wonderful city and all the best things about it!