10 Best Harry Potter Moments
Mental Health

Top 10 'Harry Potter' Scenes To Celebrate Harry's Birthday

The "Harry Potter" series has influenced so many lives since its release in the early 1990s, including my own!

151
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Barnes-Noble-Hosting-Harry-Potter-Party-2018-44530544
Flickr

According to all things Potter, Harry Potter was born July 31, coincidentally, the day I am writing this article! It has become a worldwide phenomenon, and everyone knows the name of Harry Potter.

To celebrate, let's reminisce on some of the best things about the 'Harry Potter" movies.

Happy birthday Harry!

1. When Harry sees his parents in the Mirror of Erised.

Harry Potter was orphaned from a young age and never knew love until he came to Hogwarts. He longs for the loving family that he never had growing up, and the Mirror of Erised seen is a bitterly sweet moment for him.

2. When Fred and George enact their revenge on Professor Umbridge.

We all hated Voldemort, but we ALL DESPISED UMBRIDGE. No scene was more satisfying than this.

3. Harry and Hermione's dance.

This scene didn't actually happen in the book, but I personally think it's one of the more controversial, if not one of the best, scenes of the movies. Harry and Hermione are shaken after Ron angrily leaves them because he is worried for their family, and are stressed out because they don't know what to do next in the fight against Voldemort. I perceive this scene as being very innocent and a way to destress amongst two friends.

Fun fact: the song they dance to is called "O, Children", by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds!

4. When Hermione punches Draco in the face.

Let's all be real- while we grow to understand Draco in the later books, he was absolutely AWFUL in the first few. He really had this one coming, and after all the abuse he served Hermione, it's even better

5. When we looked into Snape's memories and finally were able to understand him.

People will fight to the death on Snape- is he a hero or a villain? No matter your feelings on him, you had to admit this scene was one of the most eye-opening chapters of all the books. It made us understand, but not necessarily forgive, Snape's horribleness over the years. All he did, he did for Lily.

6. Harry's relationship with Sirius.

Sirius Black is one of my favourite characters of the entire series, and I wished so badly that he had raised Harry instead of the Dursley's. I feel that Harry would've had such a more loving childhood growing up with family that loved him rather than blood. Sirius so easily takes on the father position for Harry, giving him advice and comfort when he needs it, and bringing him the love that his parents had for him. Sirius treats Harry as an adult when none of the other members of the Order are ready to do so.

7. Lupin and Tonks's hug.

I have always been a big fan of the Marauders in general, but poor Lupin had to endure so much. Imagine how awful he must have felt that night that Harry's parents were murdered- his two best friends killed, and the other sent to Azkaban! He deserved all the happiness in the world, even if it was short-lived.

8. The tale of the Deathly Hallows

This is the moment where everything starts to connect to make way towards the big finale. The animation that accompanies the telling of this story is absolutely breathtaking.

9. Harry vs. Voldemort

The long-awaited battle between Harry and Voldemort finally came to a head in this scene. While I was personally bothered by the fact that this ending was extremely different from the book, I still felt that it was a fantastic way to showcase everything.

10. 19 Years Later

This was such a heartwarming way to end the series that has meant so much to us all.