The 10 Best Damon And Elena Moments From 'The Vampire Diaries'

Your Favorite moments featuring your favorite vampire couple.

4129
Fanpop.com

If you're a "Vampire Diaries" fan, then you know that Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert have an epic love story that no one can compare to. Here are the ten best moments from "Delena."

1. When they're Stefan’s Saviors

When Stefan goes off the deep end as a ripper again, killing everyone in his path, the love-struck Elena spends all summer looking for him, and who is right by her side? Damon. Even though he loves Elena and wants nothing more than for her to love him back, he still helps Elena try to find his brother whom she loves.

2. The Necklace

It’s Elena’s birthday, and she’s extremely upset because Stefan hasn’t contacted her, and she has been trying all summer to get him back. Right before the party, Damon brings her a present and it's the necklace Stefan gave Elena. Damon knows how much that necklace means to Elena and even though it is a representation of Stefan’s love and Damon just wants Elena to love him, he still gave her the necklace as a sign of hope for her and Stefan.

3. The Miss Mystic Falls Pageant

Elena was chosen to participate in the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. At one point of the competition, she walks down the stairs. Her name is announced along with the name of her escort. Stefan was her escort, but he went MIA. Damon quickly steps in for Stefan and escorts Elena and dances with her. He saved her from complete humiliation.

4. The Wolf Bite

In the show, a wolf bite is fatal unless you get a certain cure that is rare to retrieve. Damon was bit and was slowly dying a painful death. Elena gets into bed with him and curls up into Damon and kisses him.

5. When Damon meets Elena for the first time

Elena was compelled to forget this, but when she becomes a vampire, all the memories come flooding back. She remembers that she met Damon before Stefan at a party the night of her car accident. Just from meeting Damon for the first time, Elena felt inspired and lively.

6. The Porch Scene

After some heartfelt words are exchanged between Damon and Elena, Elena made it quite obvious that she still feels something for Stefan regardless of everything that's happened. Damon feels guilty that he has these feelings for Elena, but then Damon says, “If I am going to feel guilty about something I am going to feel guilty about this,” and kisses her.

7. When Damon admits his love for Elena

They’re in Elena’s bedroom talking, and Damon feels so strongly for Elena that he has to admit his feelings for her. Damon says that he loves Elena, but then compels her to forget because he knows Stefan is still in the picture.

8. Motel Room

Damon and Elena are on a road trip and decide to crash in a motel room for the night. They’re sharing a bed, and Damon grabs Elena’s hand. Elena, flustered about what to do, gets up and runs out of the room. Damon follows her out and as soon as they make eye contact, Elena runs and passionately kisses him.

9. Elena admits her love

Damon and Elena are fighting about the cure that Damon wants Elena to take to become human and they’re heated. Finally, at the end, Elena says she’s not sorry for not taking the cure. While listing the things she’s not sorry for, the very last thing she says is she’s not sorry for loving Damon and she goes, “I'm not sorry I'm in love with you. I love you, Damon Salvatore,” and they kiss.

10. Goodbye

The most heartbreaking scene of Damon and Elena is the very end of Season 5. Damon risks his life, and he was supposed to come back to life through Bonnie. Unfortunately, he does not make it and he dies while Elena comes back and lives. She is destroyed at the fact that the love of her life just died. She’s a wreck and crying, and Damon is standing right in front of her as a ghost, obviously, so she can’t see or hear him. He then says the most heartfelt goodbye to Elena.