10 Annoying Things That Can Happen In Customer Service

Yes, it can actually get difficult to a certain extent

450

Whether if you work at Starbucks or a convenience store, you're bound to face what seems like they should be illegal questions and behavior from customers in retail/food services. People will probably tell you "Well, you applied for it, so why are you complaining?" To clarify, no one's complaining; we're simply stating some experiences with some outstanding customers - outstanding meaning weird AF or rude to the length of a football field:

1) Overly demanding customers

"Get me a venti iced tea now." Now this may seem like a basic order, but would it kill anyone to say "please?" I'll answer that - no, it wouldn't. Employees don't pay much attention to this trait in customers anymore because it's so common, but trust me, it bothers some workers...especially if you're pretty shrill in your comments.

2) People that lean too close on the register

Personal space guys, personal space.

3) Those that stand at the register/ordering counter for too long

If it's clearly indicated that after you order your drink or food, you must move to the other section of the counter where YOU'RE NOT HOLDING UP THE LINE...please just do it. It's awkward for the cashier to wait for you to leave and/or have to wave over the next person in line to give you the polite hint to move over. If you're still standing there after this, then I'm sorry but you're just stupid...or not paying attention. Either way, don't do this.

4) Ridiculous orders

You want to know what's considered to be ridiculous?

"I want no ice in my smoothie." No ice? It's a smoothie; you ordered a smoothie, not juice. Deal with it. It's made through a machine that ejects ice, we can't do much about that.

"I want the whipped cream on the bottom of the drink."

Dude, really? It's gone by the time you take a sip, hate to break it to you.

"I can taste the fat in this drink, I wanted nonfat."

(Yes, this is an exact quote). You can't taste fat. It's as nonfat as it comes. The barista can't suck out every calorie for you. You ordered a relatively sugary beverage, case closed.

5) One word - Rudeness

"YOU OVERCHARGED ME A DOLLAR, I WANT A REFUND!!"

While I'm a cheapskate, and I understand that every bit of money counts...relax. It's a dollar. You DO NOT need to belittle an employee for this accident. But like $3-$4, I get it. Ask for your refund politely.

*Tossing items onto the counter towards the cashier

(Yes, this definitely happens). It's totally understandable if this is merely an accident. But if you're tossing your items at the cashier, you're just a bully, thinking that they're your slave. GTFO. Now.

6) Customers that are overly chatty

Okay, employees usually appreciate when a customer talks to them for a minute and is genuinely polite, but just know your limits. If you're talking way too much, the employee is going to get uncomfortable, or just plain annoyed. So, for lack of a better way to put this: please... shut up after several minutes of talking.

7) Flirtatious customers

Alright, so while this is common, it can still be annoying. If the employee is clearly trying to take other orders or do other work tasks, and not looking at you, or just trying to get away from you, you need to stop. Sure, if they're happy that you're acting all cute with them, then by all means, charm them until they give you the notion that they have to go. But if they're obviously just trying to be polite yet professional, and avoiding your gaze, again...GTFO. It's not hard.

8) Ordering with headphones on

Guys seriously, just take the headphones/earphones off. The employee needs to ask you things, like if you want anything else or for a receipt, etcetera. So take them off and make our lives easier so that you can get out of the store sooner.

9) Tapping the counter/register with an item out of impatience

"I'll be right with you," literally means they'll be right with you as soon as they can. Stop tapping your card on the counter out of impatience. It's irksome and rude. You get behind the counter and do the job yourself if you're going to act like that.

10) Changing the order after placing it

To all of you who have done this - shout out to you (not in a good way). It's understandable if you just made a mistake and now you have to tell them to change the order, but do NOT make a habit of this. It is absolutely obnoxious when you order a specific thing and pay for that specific thing, and then you suddenly change it just as the worker is in the middle of preparing it.