Traveling RV Beats Car Anytime
Travel

8 Reasons Traveling in an RV Beats a Normal Car Anytime

So. Many. Naps.

130

This week, my husband and I joined my parents and my little brother on a much-needed vacation to Florida where we visited my grandparents. We drove down, stopping in Virginia and then Georgia before finally arriving in Melbourne Beach. Normally, the ride down is the least enjoyable part of a vacation, but not this trip, because we rode down in my parents' RV.

Let. Me. Tell. You. I don't think I can ever make a long road trip in a car ever again. My husband and I drove the same route down to Melbourne Beach for our honeymoon two years ago, and I can hands-down say riding in an RV is much more enjoyable than a rental Jeep Patriot.

If you don't want to take my word for it, here are 8 reasons why riding in an RV beats a car ride anytime.

All the naps.

Phoebe LaFave

I napped in a bed and on a couch while my Saint of a Dad drove us down the east coast. It was glorious. I don't know how I can ever go back to sleeping during a regular drive.

Wearing seatbelts while napping on the drive isn't even a hassle.

Transportation Today

Because there's so much room to spread out, it doesn't cut into your side like it does in a regular car.

Being able to play actual full sized board games.

You know those plastic shelve liners that keep things from sliding in your cabinets? They also keep things like your phone and board games from sliding all over the table in an RV. I won "Nightmare Before Christmas Clue", much to my brother's chagrin.

Watching a movie on a full sized movie screen.

Unsplash

It honestly felt kind of weird, sitting on a couch watching TV on a full screen - while traveling 70 miles per hour down a highway. But hey, I'll take it.

Being able to actually read while moving.

I love to read, so a long car ride is a perfect excuse to curl up with a good book and get lost in its world. I also get extremely car sick. No matter what, if we're going somewhere farther away, I have to take medicine for motion sickness. But even then, it's hard for me to read without feeling nauseous. I didn't have that problem in the RV! I started and nearly finished a book over the course of our 2 and a half days of traveling.

You're not limited to "travel snacks."

With a full size fridge, dining table and booth seating, you don't have to stick to foods that are easy to eat. I mean, I wouldn't recommend eating a sloppy joe while traveling down the highway, but you have a whole kitchen to choose from.

Really have to pee? Walk to the bathroom and pee. No stopping necessary.

There are far less bathroom stops along the way. We only stopped when my Dad needed to go or if we needed to stretch our legs.

The memories will last a lifetime.

Phoebe LaFave

My Dad, the best driver in the entire world and making reservations for our pit stops. My Mom, planning the trip, making sure we had everything we needed. My Husband, making everyone laugh. My Brother, reminding me of our family trips when we were younger. And just having the best time out on the road.