A Review of Eagle Family Weekend

A Review of Eagle Family Weekend

Over 1500 families register for this event, and yet somehow, EFW never feels overcrowded, but it does feel like home.

2
A Review of Eagle Family Weekend
Blue Sitten

After three full years of experiencing Eagle Family Weekend, I can easily say it is one of the best events at FGCU. If you're a freshman or even a senior, getting to share your campus with your family is an impactful experience that can make any student feel proud to be an EAgle. From check-in on Friday all the way to the farewell brunch on Sunday, EFW '19 was jam-packed with family fun. In fact, it was so fun that it practically flew by! So, naturally, I'm starting to plan for next year already.

Blue Sitten

Day 1 of EFW always starts out with excitement. Checking in and getting your wristband, participating in the raffle, getting your t-shirts, and of course, taking a photo under the FGCU balloons- it's only the beginning. And then by the time Dunk City After Dark rolls around you're fully immersed in school spirit. Throw in a hockey game, a kids costume contest, and a classic FGCU sunset, and I'm sold.

Blue Sitten

Day 2 goes just as hard, if not harder. Sunrise yoga and free breakfast? What more could a mom and a college student want? Followed by the best barbecue ever, AND getting to hang out at the waterfront and going out on the paddleboards, I already miss it. I have to say, Day 2 is probably my favorite of the three.

Blue Sitten

The farewell brunch is bittersweet but mostly sweet. The boardwalk makes for a beautiful location to spend those last moments with your family at. A good breakfast, a free mug, and a friendly game of spike ball is the best way to end Eagle Family Weekend.

Over 1500 families register for this event, and yet somehow, EFW never feels overcrowded. In fact, it just feels like home. Getting to show your parents and siblings your campus feels like those crossover Disney TV specials: a little weird, but mostly just awesome.