AHS: Coven Is The Best Season (SPOILERS)

The third season of American Horror Story is often slammed as the worst, but I feel that's wrong.

2
pixabay

'Coven' is the third season in the hit FX series, 'American Horror Story'. This season follows a group of young witches who are all studying their practices at, Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies. The plotline from this season has all the best climaxes and plot twists. 'Coven' also adds just the right bit of humor mixed with horror and gore.

The actors and actresses give it their all in this season. Emma Roberts is just one great example of giving this season her all. I mean, for crying out loud, her character was murdered, resurrected, and then murdered again. Yet, the twists and turns that followed with her character, Madison Montogomery, just make you fall in love with her over and over.

The history plotline that season three deals with is also brilliant! One of the characters the show uses is Marie Laveau. As we all know Marie Laveau is an infamous voodoo queen straight from New Orleans (which is where the season is based). Marie fought all through the season with another infamous historical woman, Madame Delphine LaLaurie. Delphine is sadly known for the rumored torture she put upon the inhabitants of New Orleans.

The way this season uses flashbacks and backstories just adds to the climaxes of it all. Each witch placed in the academy had their own individual story, whether it be sad or revengeful. You understood how each witch became who they were today and how they dealt with their past troubles.

Although 'Coven' is only the third season and six seasons follow after it. The talent and effort producer Ryan Murphy put into this season just really outshines all the ones to follow it. Fans of witch or historical movies would fall in love with the usage of spells and facts used in the season. Hopefully, after reading this you will want to dive straight into season three and maybe fall in love with it just like I did!