The Best Pop Culture Moments Of 2018

The 28 Best Pop Culture Moments Of 2018

From Kylie Jenner's new baby to kids eating tide pods, 2018 was a year for the books.

186

2018 was a year that served us so many memorable moments within the world of pop culture. From memes to heartbreaking deaths, and divorces of our favorite celebrity couples, the year had a ton of ups and downs.

That being said, it was definitely a year to remember, and I hope 2019 is filled with even better moments that top these.

1. The birth of Stormi Webster.

Kylie Jenner went nine months without anyone knowing she was pregnant. How did she and Travis Scott pull this off, you may ask? Anything is possible with the mastermind that is Kris Jenner.

2. Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's whirlwind engagement.

Just a month after their relationship began, the pop singer and SNL star became engaged. Only four months later, they officially called it quits, and Davidson blocked Grande on all social media. With Davidson struggling with his mental health issues, I hope these two can still be there for each other.

3. Bobby Bones winning "Dancing with the Stars".

The "DWTS" community was furious after the underdog won the competition on votes and not talent. The uproar on social media caused so much backlash for the show that they decided to cancel their spring season in 2019. Hopefully, this break will be enough time for them to change up some of the voting issues!

4. All Black at the Golden Globes.

Women and men in the celebrity world joined together to support the "Me Too" movement by wearing all black to the Golden Globe awards. Speeches by Oprah and Laura Dern gave audiences, and women, hope for a better future.

5. "Roseanne" reboot gets canceled.

After receiving backlash for a racist tweet created by Roseanne Barr, her new reboot was canceled after only a few episodes. ABC made up for it by creating a new show titled "The Connors" which features the rest of the cast, without Roseanne.

6. "Mean Girls" debuts on Broadway.

Tina Fey brought her iconic movie to the stage and it was nothing short of incredible. "Mean Girls" is quite possibly one of the best movies of all time, and adding in some musical numbers takes it to a whole other level.

7. Heartbreaking celebrity deaths.

There were a lot of tragic deaths this year, from soul singer Aretha Franklin, to rap legend Mac Miller, designer Kate Spade, and Marvel creator Stan Lee. The world will miss them and their talents deeply, and we will continue to mourn for years to come.

8. Demi Lovato's overdose and recovery.

Demi's overdose was a heartbreaking moment, and one that reminded us addiction is a disease. We are so thankful she's doing okay and continuing to fight the fight.

9. Lady Gaga's big screen debut.

"A Star is Born" has never made me cry harder in my entire life. Lady Gaga's voice is angelic, and Bradley Cooper's acting was deserving of an Oscar. If you haven't seen this movie, you definitely live under a rock, and if you plan on watching it, prepare for nothing but tears.

10. Taylor Swift kicks off her "Reputation" tour.

This country singer turned pop star began her stadium tour this year, which won her a People's Choice Award for Best Concert Tour. It was filled with dozens of special guests, and Netflix is coming out with a "Reputation" stadium tour film to give all Swifties a backstage look of the shows.

11. Jonas Wedding.

Every girl's heart broke when Nick Jonas proposed to Priyanka Chopra this year, mainly because we wish a Jonas brother would propose to us. Their Indian wedding was something so magical, and we hope these two are in it for the long haul. It sure seems like they will be.

12. Kris Jenner's cameo in "Thank U, Next"

Possibly the biggest surprise of the year was Kris Jenner's cameo as Regina George's mom in Ariana Grande's music video. She is actual superwoman. Thank u, next, bitch!

13. The Fab Five of "Queer Eye"

2018 introduced us to five new loving, kind, and beautiful men. Netflix's "Queer Eye" reboot is all about acceptance and loving who you are. The world is a bit of a better place because these guys are in it.

14. Jelena rekindles their old flame.

It's hard to believe that Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber got back together the same year Bieber married Hailey Baldwin, but it's true! These two have always been on and off, but they got back together in early 2018. Sad to see that they are done for good, but it's probably for the best.

15. The Baldwin-Bieber secret wedding.

Model Hailey Baldwin started the year at the Met Gala with Shawn Mendes but ended it married to Justin Bieber. How did she get so lucky? No one was sure if Baldwin and Bieber got married, but Baldwin changing her Instagram name to "Hailey Bieber" confirmed all the rumors.

16. "Black Panther" dominated the movie market.

An all-black cast made some major history this year. This movie kicked the box office's butt and made an iconic statement in the world of Marvel and film. It was nominated for various awards and was definitely a must-see. Wakanda forever!

17. Kanye West visits President Trump at the White House.

Yes. That's correct. Kanye went to visit Trump at the White House to discuss various topics including prison reform, mental health issues, and creating jobs for the U.S. Kanye 2020?

18. Winter Olympics in Sochi.

The 2018 Winter Olympics introduced us to some all-stars including Chloe Kim, Adam Rippon, and the Shibutani Siblings. It's hard to believe that the Olympics were this year; it seems like forever ago!

19. Mason Ramsey goes from meme to actual country star.

The Walmart Yodeling kid appeared on Ellen and then made his way to becoming an opening act on Florida Georgia Line's tour. His first single "Famous" blew up on the charts, and it's all thanks to Twitter for making him into a meme.

20. The Logan Paul Controversy.

After uploading a video showing a deceased corpse of a man who recently committed suicide, this famous YouTuber was hit with tons of negative comments saying he was mocking suicide and mental health. After apologizing and making up for what he had done, Paul donated $1 million to suicide prevention agencies and returned to his normal vlogging.

21. IHOP turns into IHOB.

TBT to when IHOP thought it'd be cool to fool everyone and "change" their name to IHOB. The "b" stood for burgers, and everyone went crazy when they thought they were getting rid of their breakfast menu. Turns out the company was only expanding their burger menu, and the whole thing was just a marketing stunt.

22. Yanny v. Laurel.

A video went viral on Twitter when listeners discovered you can either hear Yanny or Laurel through the audio. The internet went crazy over the debate, so much so that talk show hosts like Jimmy Fallon and Ellen Degeneres discussed it on their shows. Don't remember this? Decide which word you hear by listening to the video.

23. "In My Feelings" Challenge.

Drake's number one hit was the song of the year, but now I can't even hear it without doing the dance. Kiki, do you love me? *Cue making a heart with your hands*

24. Tristan Thompson cheating on Khloe Kardashian while she's pregnant.

Just a little bit of time before Khloe Kardashian was about to give birth, her baby daddy cheated on her. Everyone's heart broke when we heard, and she's trying to work through what happened in order to create a loving family for her daughter. What a great momma!

25. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan split.

AKA the most heartbreaking moment of 2018. The best celebrity couple on Earth parted ways and didn't waste any time getting back on the market, as they are both rumored to be dating other people now. Excuse me while I go watch "Step Up" on repeat.

26. The Royal Wedding.

American girl Meghan Markle married Prince Harry and she couldn't have looked more beautiful in that dress; she was meant to be a princess! The two are now expecting a child together and we wish nothing but the best for them.

27. The Tide Pod Challenge.

Arguably the weirdest moment of 2018 had to be when teenagers started eating tide pods. They would film videos of themselves and dare their friends to do the same. This doesn't sound save, nor does it sound yummy, so I'm not too sure where or why this started. Like I said, definitely the weirdest moment of the year.

28. Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse confirm their relationship.

These two lovebirds had been rumored to be dating for over a year, but never confirmed their relationship until May 2018. The two play characters Betty and Jughead, who are love interests, on The CW's show "Riverdale". They finally revealed they were an item when they attended the Met Gala together. Bughead forever!