I Absolutely Adore Working With Kiddos

I Absolutely Adore Working With Kiddos

Grab your crocs and fanny packs because it's time for summer camp. Why I love working with school-agers over the summer instead of working your basic summer job.

175
I Absolutely Adore Working With Kiddos
Moira McCarville

The sweet smell of summer is finally here. Some college students spend the summer at home, relaxing, catching up on shows, and hanging out with family.

The majority of college students find quick cash summer jobs to take themselves a step towards a debt free life. Some people choose office jobs, or return to their restaurant jobs from high school, I personally hate those positions. I choose to do what I love and work with kiddos that are around the ages of five all the way up to twelve years of age, and here is why!

Kids are Always Super Happy to See You!

In the morning at normal jobs, I felt more tired going into work because you just go into your jobs for the day. When you work with kids, most days, you get to greet big smiling faces that are ready for a fun filled day.

You Get to Act Like a Kid and Play your Favorite Games!

Sharks and Minnows? Ships and Sailors? Line Tag? You probably don't even remember all of the possible games that are tucked away in camp consolers fanny packs.

You Get to Go on Field Trips! 

From going to an art museum to going to your local amusement park, you get to experience all the fun activities of summer without paying for it. In fact, you are actually are being payed to go there.

Kids Don't Get Mad!

This is a broad thing to say but in most cases kids are excited to play and even if they do get mad or upset it's easy to calm them down. On the contrary, if you make their parents coffee wrong that morning, you will probably be screamed at.

You Don't Have to Dress Up for Work!

It's all about messy buns, t-shirts, crocs, and Kakis! Pretty easy work uniform.

You Probably Won't Work on Weekends!

Most camps are a seven am to seven pm job, Monday to Friday. Super easy to still have a summer while still making some cash.

Your Co-Workers are Probably Super Cool!

Camp Counselor's love to have fun therefore most counselors are super fun people that love to play and be active.

You Get a Workout!

Chasing around kid and playing with them all day is tiring. Being in the sun and playing sharks and minnows really takes it out of an average college student, but that just gives you a good workout as well as a reason to take a nap after work!