Here's You Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Reading Your Zodiac Birth Chart

Since Zodiac signs are all the rage currently, here's a guide to help you figure out what it actually means.

8
Unsplash @dulgier

Over the past two years, I have really gotten into Zodiac Signs. I just think they're something fun that you can identify with based on when and where you were born! Here's a super simple guide to figure out how to read your birth chart!

Step 1: Create Your Birth Chart

There are a bunch of online birth chart generators for you to use. My personal favorites are co-star and astro-charts! All you have to do is enter is what city you were born, the date, and the specific time! Then your birth chart will be created!

Step 2: You have your results, what now?

When you first create your chart, it can be really overwhelming! There are a ton of different things they tell you, such as your Sun, Moon, Ascendant/Rising, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto! That's 11 different results! I know all of these mean nothing right now, but don't worry! By the end of this guide you'll be a pro at reading your birth chart!

Step 3: Sun Sign

Your sun sign is your main sign, and indicates when you were born! Example: My sun is in Aquarius since I was born during the Aquarius dates (late January- early February). Your sun sign is your ego, identity, and helps to determine your "role" in life! It's basically the core of your personality! And if people ever ask you "What's your zodiac sign?", you always answer with your sun sign!

Step 4: Moon Sign

Your moon identifies your emotions, moods, and feelings. It's who your personality is when you're comfortable or alone!

Step 5: Ascendant

Your ascendant or rising sign is how you present yourself to people, especially people you're meeting for the first time.

Step 6: Mercury

Your Mercury represents your communication style to others, and how you process information.

Step 7: Venus

Your Venus helps determine how and what you love the most in life. It also shows how you tend to express affection towards others as well.

Step 8: Mars

Your Mars represents how you handle your ambitiousness, your anger, and your love life.

Step 9: Jupiter

Your Jupiter rules the optimism and idealism that you have in life, and it's considered to the philosophical "house".

Step 10: Saturn

Your Saturn determines your responsibility, self-discipline, boundaries, and fears that you have.

Step 11: Uranus

Your Uranus rules your rebelliousness, innovativeness, and progress you make in life.

Step 12: Neptune

Your Neptune controls your dreams, unconsciousness, and imagination that you have. This sign changes every 14 years, so it rules for a little more than a decade which is pretty long.

Step 13: Pluto

Your Pluto rules your psyche, and its stays in the same house for 30 years (the longest of any planets)!

Step 14: Your Birth Chart Reading Is Complete!

You made it to the end! Now you know all of the basics about what your birth chart means and how to interpret it! Also, if anyone ever asks you what your "big 3" is, it's always you Sun, Moon, and Ascendant/Rising! Also to get daily horoscopes, I personally love listening to 2 minute podcasts on Spotify under the name of: "(Your sun sign goes here) Today" by Parcast Network. Example: Aquarius Today by Parcast Network.

Happy Zodiac-ing (if that's a word)!